Go to footer

How's everybody doing?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: How's everybody doing?

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:20 am

Stormlight, if you can, use gloves (non-latex if possible) while shopping. And make use of the wipes they have near the shopping carts to wipe down the handle.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:58 am

Recently braved a Sprawl Mart and it had personal grooming supplies. I didn't go tot he paper section but I was able to find all the food I was looking for, or versions of it.

Even in regular times I'd tell you to get there as early as possible before a lot of people are awake. And it would depend on how much everything is locked up.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:17 pm

For people in need of things from the store, try asking an employee if there's nothing on the shelf. In a lot of my local stores, especially places that sell fresh meat, you have to ask an employee for some things because they're being kept in the back to avoid hoarders and thieves. A couple of my local grocers were cutting meat to order because every time they put something out, it was all being grabbed by the same person, some of which would then hang around to wait for the next round. Seriously, NO ONE NEEDS 500 POUNDS OF HAMBURGER.

Edit: Also, I'm sure I don't need to worry about most people here doing this, as most of us seem to be civil with at least some modicum of intelligence, but if they don't have it in the back, give a polite, "Oh, okay, thank you anyway," or something similar. Other people around who might be less polite will often subconsciously pick up on someone being polite and follow suit, because most people don't want to be "that person". (This is also my go-to strategy for dealing with rude customers at my job, the most sincere politeness/kindness no matter how rude they are. It often deflates rude people in the most satisfying way when you remain polite and civil without being sarcastic.)
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Stormlight » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:28 pm

I went to Walmart and Weis and got everything on my list and then some. Including paper towels. No toilet paper but someone told me you can order that directly from the companies if needed. True, you'll pay more for brand names but at least it’s something.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:40 pm

I've spent the last two days in bed with what is probably just a regular flu. No coughing. Could be a milder strain of Covid19, but I'm getting better so I'm not too concerned. Nevertheless, am plugging myself full of liquids and vitamins.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:26 am

Please take care. I know a couple of people who have the virus who started to feel better and then relapsed. Of course that's possible with any virus, anyway. Also, don't forget about sinus infections.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 am

Thanks. I'm taking it easy. We're off work and home as much as possible...mostly just going out for groceries.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:48 am

It is far too easy for me to just not go anywhere, if I didn't need to occasionally have hard copies printed out. And I haven't figured out grocery delivery yet.

Definitely going down the "that thing from my younger days still exists" rabbit hole.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby richila » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:49 am

Richi has been posting Public Service Announcements on Facebook
ImageSpread Love- take 2 by Valerie Kelley, on Flickr
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:45 pm

My job is considered "essential" (medical support services) so even though my state AND my city just declared a curfew and a stay-at-home order, my paycheck is safe.

In other news, I fell headlong in the front yard morning before last and bruised up my side pretty bad. Nothing broken, thank God, but my left side feels like it's been tenderized with a baseball bat. Good thing my job is sitting at a desk...
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!