Go to footer

How's everybody doing?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: How's everybody doing?

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:06 am

Let's see if this works..... nope, I can't seem to embed YouTube in any BB forum. :roll:

'Thank U Frontline' by Chris Mann (Alanis Morissette)
https://youtu.be/xGKFVMgjrPc
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:13 pm

Little victories.

Scored flour and yeast. Found a way to check to make sure my existing yeast was still "alive."

Created birdie muffins and watched the little spuds dive in like it was ice cream.

Checked with my dad, he's still fine, and bored.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 am

My town now has a 5 o'clock curfew. You aren't supposed to be out unless you're working, buying essentials, or have an emergency. Only a handful of people seem to be aware of this curfew, however, and most of the police department who are supposed to enforce it are apparently not among them. Bread, toilet paper, and cleaning products are still impossible to keep on the shelves for more than two days, and I am continuously berated for not "saving some" of whatever item for people I have literally never met before in my life. Also, no, I can NOT order you fifty cases of 91% alcohol for you to make your 100+ gallons of black market hand sanitizer, KAREN, I can't even order ONE case. We get what distribution has to send us and that's it, NOW STOP LETTING YOUR KIDS RUB THEIR SNOTTY NOSES ON MY CHIP DISPLAY. AND STOP SCREAMING AT ME, I KNOW THERE'S NO BREAD, YOU'RE THE FIFTH PERSON WHO HAS POINTED THAT OUT IN THE LAST 42 SECONDS.

(So yeah, I've had a fun week so far, AND IT'S ONLY SUNDAY. Well, technically it's Monday at 3:21 a.m. when I'm typing this, but my point still stands.)
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:13 am

I caught myself getting anxious because my mom, who is 85 and has dementia, ruined about a 1/2 roll of paper towels and I had to throw it away.

Our new normal.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby DollyKim » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:34 am

Not being able to just get out and wander around to get the blood flowing. The neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks so... Even when we didn't have a car I could go somewhere on the bus. At least there's foster kitten cameras.

If my executive was able to function I could be doing all sorts of doll stuff but the furthest I got was taking apart the dollhouse with structure issues. When we got nice weather it needs to be put together permanently with glue and all that. Just picture one of those off brand 3 story Barbie houses made of miter board on steroids.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:30 am

Kattriella wrote:My town now has a 5 o'clock curfew. You aren't supposed to be out unless you're working, .)

I kinda like this idea, especially since some folks aren't taking things seriously. Maybe have a one person outdoors grocery run pass per non essential service worker household.

Anyway my country is in quasi-lockdown and I work from home(not sure for how much longer). That kinda makes me the only one with any income this month. Essential services and food is still up. I am nervous for various reasons so I'm doing what I can to keep sane so as to prevent my parents from panicking.

I know at one point in life I wanted a month off to work on dolls and play games and chill. This ain't how I picture it.

I hope you guys stay safe where you are and best wishes to you guys working essential services.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby oniakki » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:01 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:I know at one point in life I wanted a month off to work on dolls and play games and chill. This ain't how I picture it.

You haven't run across any weird mummified hands recently? I could easily see this being how a monkey's paw would grant a wish like that. :3
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:09 pm

oniakki wrote:
Iwa_Hoshi wrote:
You haven't run across any weird mummified hands recently? I could easily see this being how a monkey's paw would grant a wish like that. :3

Nope it would piss Helen off if I chop her adopted son's hand off. The only hands I have lying around are resin/vinyl doll hands.

There aren't that many western magical shops selling needful things in these here parts to begin within. :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:54 pm

Seriously, can whoever started playing Jumanji at the beginning of the year PLEASE hurry up and finish their game? We're all getting tired of dealing with the consequences.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:11 am

Kattriella wrote:Seriously, can whoever started playing Jumanji at the beginning of the year PLEASE hurry up and finish their game? We're all getting tired of dealing with the consequences.

Truth.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!