Go to footer

Anyone else have the Annie's Attic crochet Barbie?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Anyone else have the Annie's Attic crochet Barbie?

Postby DollyKim » Fri May 22, 2020 10:27 am

Anyone else have the Annie's Attic crochet Barbie doll pattern? I keep getting mixed up after row 34.

I can do the slip stitches for the boobs just fine but from row 35 onward it seems like my count gets messed up. No matter what I do the boobs are never shaped right. Either one is bigger than the other or there's no cleavage or something else. Is the 2 tog for the slipped stitches or do those not get counted?

It's driving me nuts because I can do the funky decreases and other stuff in this pattern.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Anyone else have the Annie's Attic crochet Barbie?

Postby DollyKim » Tue May 26, 2020 5:03 am

Been experimenting and still puzzled. The pattern is worked head down in rounds, I do fine on them and use a stitch marker, head, neck, and shoulders come out fine. You hit a place that has you move the starting place so it lines up with the center back, that works fine.

If I keep using a stitch marker to mark the start of the rounds things get wonky. If I stop using the marker and only go by the count, or use the marker for the end of the row count or some other landmark, the boobs still come out shaped a bit wonky. There's a set of shaping decreases with some SC and slips which seem to be for the cleavage that still don't quite work out.

If someone here is a crochet guru I can post the pesky rows.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!