Go to footer

What is the biggest book you own?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

What is the biggest book you own?

Postby DollyKim » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:31 am

I'm talking literally, page number, size, weight.

Not counting things like Bibles and religious texts, literature text books, or special coffee table editions. Just a regular old was meant to be published that way editions.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: What is the biggest book you own?

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:11 pm

Too lazy right now to take a pic, but it would have to be my world atlas. It's old, beat up and well used.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:33 pm

I have a fantastic old dictionary that is about 7 inches thick.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Tam I am » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:11 pm

Do the collected works of Sherlock Holmes count? It's nearly two foot tall and it's too heavy for me to actually read. ALL the stories are in there.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby oniakki » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:37 am

I think this one is my biggest. Not sure it actually counts as it doesn't have any words inside, it's all maps. But it is hard back. It is relatively fairly thin at only about an inch and a quarter thick.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:56 am

The year I was born, my sister was given a children's Bible verses book. It eventually became mine and is packed away somewhere. It's too big and too heavy and filled with far too realistic drawings for children (think Daniel in the lion den), but I've always loved it anyway.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby K2! » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:09 am

Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia, 6th edition, 3069 pages, 9" x 12" x 4"
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby WhiteDove01s » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:24 pm

Oboy, let's see... thickest would be my copy of Grey's Anatomy, wherever the hex-nuts it's gotten to... but it's otherwise nearly standard-paperback-small in the other dimensions. There's a book around here somewhere, light blue in color and with a title I can't recall at the moment that is a book of interesting historical newspaper covers and is about the size of a newspaper... but also less than an inch thick.

For all-around big ones it seems to be a tie between Parrots Of The World and The Mystic Warriors Of The Plains... but the illustrated parrot book is half an inch wider at 9.5x13x2 inches and 584 pages. There are thicker ones (the 1992 Physician's Desk Reference is a good 3" thick), but no others both thick and particularly big. These two have some heft to them, and if I was looking for a book to clobber an intruder with... it would probably involve either parrots or a study of native American religion and culture.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:53 am

The book with most number of pages would proooobably be whichever Harry Potter book it is that’s the longest. lol I bought the entire series in hard cover from the bargain bins for like $5 a book. I used to love the bargain bins.

The biggest books I own in literal size would probably be the collected works of ElfQuest. Back in the 90s when they released the first several quests as fully-colored hardback graphic novels. There are like 8 volumes in the larger size (future volumes were released in smaller format). Also the Big ElfQuest Gatherum and the Wolfrider’s Guide to the World of ElfQuest.
Stormlight

Postby Kattriella » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:36 am

I think my biggest book physically is the hardback edition of Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. That, or the special, fancy edition of The Collected Works of Edgar Allen Poe I got like 10+ years ago. I haven't see it for a while to compare.
Kattriella

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!