Go to footer

My Sister has become a Doll Snob

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

My Sister has become a Doll Snob

Postby Jobee » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:04 pm

I'm so crushed. I should have seen this coming, but against my better judgment, I let shit go too far, now my little sister is a doll snob. She only cares about her resin BJDs now. All our dolly conversations have become totally one sided because she only wants to talk about her dolls and dolls she likes. Any time I mention my Nanana's, Rainbow Highs, or any project for them, she acts like I didn't say anything or send any pictures, and if I ask her what she thinks, she explains in great detail that she thinks they're not even cute. She's been my best dolly friend since we played together when we were small, but I can't even share a picture of one of my dolls if it's from a line that she doesn't consider "worthy" anymore. I got a new Nanana today and she couldn't even be happy for me for a moment about it. I don't know where I went wrong, and now I know she's gonna hate the Christmas present I got for her... But it's too late, it's already wrapped and far too late to get a replacement.

Now I have no one to talk to in person about dolls anymore. My husband and roommate are both supportive, but they're not "dolly people" you know what I mean? I have some places online to share photos and stuff, but no one I can just call up and geek out about dolls anymore.

When this pandemic is over, after I move next year, I'm gonna look for some regional doll clubs. I need to make more friends.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: My Sister has become a Doll Snob

Postby Kattriella » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:39 pm

That sucks . . . Maybe she'll go back to the way she used to be once the initial thrill wears off. I'll never understand doll snobs . . . Just because someone likes something you don't, that doesn't invalidate their feelings or the way they enjoy the hobby, but some people don't understand that. I really hope you get your dolly friend back soon.

In other news, your profile picture is really cute. Nanana's aren't my preferred doll for collecting, but they're super cute, and they're the only cloth dolls I've ever adored this much.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tam I am » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:52 pm

*much sympathy* I've developed a severe chip on my shoulder toward the resins over the years because of stuff like this.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:39 am

Are you the eldest daughter? Has your sister always been a brat?

Otherwise, yeah, I know how you're feeling. Hold on to the happiness for yourself and your doll people. My sister has been steadily putting turncoat nails in the coffin of our relationship blah blah blah blog stuff. You want Cure fans this is how you get Cure fans. Something something and my family wonders why they know nothing about me.

If your sister doesn't understand it's not the gift but the thought that counts it's on her. No one deserves presents on gift day.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Well, she started with an apology today, then backpedaled and tried to argue with me over what she said. Is she a brat? Maybe... I just can't fathom what's so terrible about the dolls I collect that she can't even stand to look at them. I can't even talk about sewing for them with her now, and we used to sew dolls clothes together for fun.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Sounds like there could be some self esteem problems and projecting. Hopefully this is a phase and things will work out.

But definitely never take an apology with an excuse, that's something manipulators do. She's either sorry or she's not.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:53 am

Makes me wonder if she has been trying to get into the "Kewl Kidz Klub" of Resin Snobs and has gotten the cold shoulder and is taking it out on you.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Mind if I ask what age you sister is? Not that lack of maturity is necessarily relegated to young people. Plenty of older snobs over at that other forum. LOL
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Jobee » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:10 pm

She's 32, but she's.... difficult sometimes.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby richila » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:13 pm

{{{HUGS}}}
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!