Go to footer

Count your blessings because...

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Count your blessings because...

Postby DollyKim » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:00 pm

We don't mind, the leather ones were starting to wear out anyway. And there's talk we might not be keeping it long enough to matter but we're not sure yet.

Short story the tree owner didn't want us to be without a working car because of the area we're in but like with everything else involving this it can change minute to minute.

PS: if you ever have to rent some sort of bobcat or bulldozer never underestimate how much machine you'll need. The tree's latest conquest is the too small for the job loader the tree removal people rented, popped a tire on, and almost flipped.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:14 pm

I'm sorry if it's inappropriate, but I'm laughing my butt off at that PS.

My dad had a td8 Cat, and that little booger could PUSH! But then one day he got it stuck in the beaver pond. His friend had a backhoe, and I will never forget the image of that backhoe crawling through the muck, pulling itself along with its hoe like some kind of primordial beast.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:17 pm

The tree removal story reminds me of the time I witnessed some guys trying to flip their large tractor over with a smaller tractor.

The little tractor tipped over too. They had to call in backup. Thankfully, for some reason, everyone in my small town seems to either know a guy with a tow truck with a winch, or know a guy who knows a guy.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:19 am

Do laugh. If the property owner wasn't so cheap... There's not enough room to type it all out but one neighbor does lawn and some contracting.

My only interest is a 50% ownership in the car. I've made it clear I am not getting into it with anything else.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:54 pm

*looks at Kattriella's story* Has anyone here ever heard the song 'The Truck Got Stuck'?
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby Kattriella » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:09 am

Tam I am wrote:*looks at Kattriella's story* Has anyone here ever heard the song 'The Truck Got Stuck'?

No, but now I feel compelled to look it up.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:58 am

Something happened where the tree's insurance company has decided they are mostly responsible and will be adding value for the recent repairs we did, along with it being a leather seated fancy pants version, all of which will be going for taxes and stuff on the newer one. Unless we decide we're done with Buicks and want to try something else. Will be waiting on the final figures.

What we're thinking is the neighbor's insurance company made the tree's insurance company think twice. Along with the tree being so big and top heavy you can see it covering the entire front yard on satellite maps so they couldn't argue how we should have parked it somewhere else, as opposed to the driveway.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:07 am

Taking care of business with the newer Buick today. Other business has been businessed. Time for the next chapter.

The plot would like it to involve putting me and the theoretical space of 'TF' between the daily cause of my stress and blog stuff.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:29 am

The weirdest thing is what we got for the value of the old Buick is exactly what we payed for the newer Buick. Old one had a stuck window and had to get a door handle fixed, new one same thing on the other side.

The newer one's cloth seats are much more comfortable to sit in.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:24 am

DollyKim wrote:The weirdest thing is what we got for the value of the old Buick is exactly what we payed for the newer Buick. Old one had a stuck window and had to get a door handle fixed, new one same thing on the other side.

The newer one's cloth seats are much more comfortable to sit in.

Well that worked out just fine!
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!