Go to footer

So a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My DNA Results

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

So a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My DNA Results

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri May 21, 2021 7:24 am

I HAVE A HALF-SISTER!!!!!!!

:o

:mrgreen:

Yep! I got my Ancestry DNA test results back a couple of days ago and discovered I was a 25% match with a complete stranger. Since I was only a 15% match with my own cousin, that was pretty startling! We started talking, cautiously at first, then I discovered we were born in the same hospital 3 years apart and that opened everything up! When I looked at her profile photo.... yeah, there was no denying we both looked like my dad. And each other! We talked on the phone for about an hour and a half last night. She was adopted as a baby and didn't find out who her birth-mom had been until last year when she first got her DNA and started making connections. She has two maternal half-sisters, also.

We would never have known if we both hadn't checked our DNA!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: So a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My DNA Results

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri May 21, 2021 9:57 am

Congrats! I hope you can make a nice connection and enjoy knowing each other.

My DH got a surprise when he found he had a 50yr old daughter from a short fling in his youth. Luckily, her mom told her all before she passed, confirming the details of the DNA report. The biggest surprise is that she lives down her in our little town altho her mom met my DH up in Anchorage those many years ago.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tam I am » Fri May 21, 2021 11:05 am

Wow. Both of those are the stuff novels are made of, or RL books are written about. O_O
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri May 21, 2021 6:57 pm

That's amazing, KQ! Considering this fling of my dad's would have been when he was still in his twenties, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few other half-siblings out there. My dad was not the best kind of person.....
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!