Go to footer

should I reboot ?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

should I reboot ?

Postby sweetest185 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:28 pm

I know this is odd but considering how long ago I started and the amount of time I have been gone I was seriously wondering if I should just rebbot....

If anyone is interested I think trying would be fun..except there would be people going ..."wait that is not how it happened.

Let me know what you think.
sweetest185
i see dead dolliehs

Re: should I reboot ?

Postby davidd » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:54 pm

What do you mean by "reboot"?

Do you mean, like, stop using this account and start a new one? I would say a big 'NO' to that! You've had your account for over a decade, over ten years! Even if you have not posted often, that's too much history to give up.

And, this forum is so slow anymore, it's not like anybody would notice one way or another. So it would be a lot of extra effort for nothing.

If by "reboot," do you mean sending all your dolls and figures to the rubbish bin and starting a new collection? I consider doing that from time to time, when the clutter gets overwhelming, but it would not be a wise choice. You'd almost certainly miss some of the ones you send away.

Since you've been absent for a considerable time, just coming back is a "reboot." You can go forward from here in any direction you want. You can create any kind of "online persona" that you want. You can focus on any dolls or figures or aspect of the hobby that you currently find interesting.

To me, "evolution" is more interesting than a full-on "start over."

Maybe changing your avatar image would be enough to make it feel like a reboot.

But of course, it's up to you.

Definitely an interesting question, though.
Last edited by davidd on Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby sweetest185 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:00 pm

I am not going to be getting rid of anyone :) my people are way too dear to me for that. But what I was thinking was starting over.. their story...kind of a way to bring people up to speed so to say.

I was looking through my photos and noticed my stories here are mostly gone :( and that made me want to reboot.
sweetest185
i see dead dolliehs

Postby davidd » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:14 pm

Oh... reboot a long-dormant photo-story? That makes sense! If the story has been off-line for more than a couple of years... like my own photo-story... it might be worthwhile to either start over, or to do some kind of "re-cap" of what was happening. And if parts of the stories are missing, it makes sense to either start over or at least try to fill in the gaps.

I would love to see more active stories or "doll worlds" here on Dollieh Sanctuary.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby sweetest185 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:06 am

Thank you for everything, you have made it an easier go for me. I will kind of sort of reboot by going forward and then adding flashbacks or memories.

now that being said I am not an editor by no means , but what I am is a great sharing person. I want to share just about everything with everyone :lol: well maybe not everything but I certainly like posting and chatting alot.

I think I may start back pretty soon :)
sweetest185
i see dead dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:55 pm

Sound lovely either way. I just like seeing your people!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!