Go to footer

Virtual *housewarming party

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Virtual *housewarming party

Postby davidd » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:54 pm

DollyKim wrote:... buying books and reading books are two totally different hobbies.

:lol: This made me laugh so much!

But then I look around me, and suddenly it's not so funny anymore. :oops:
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Tam I am » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:58 pm

Totally different hobbies. I have a whole shelf of unwritten in journals.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:31 am

Fun is a cart load of Star Trek paperbacks including A Stitch in Time for $2 each and none of them are the particular ones on your list.
Not fun is figuring out which books make the trip across country to ~takes a Repressitall~ do Siegfried and Roy books go with the circus and sideshow books or the sleight of hand/stage magic which is separate from the magick and witchcraft which is separate from the Salem and witch trial books.
Y’all gonna love it when I trim down the doll section.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby davidd » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 am

Tam I am wrote:Totally different hobbies. I have a whole shelf of unwritten in journals.

I find blank journals are usually too "nice" to mess up! :lol: While I have a bunch of them, any time I write something down I hunt around for a cheap spiral notebook or an index card.

Ha! Good question about Siegfried and Roy! They were a category unto themselves!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:13 pm

Okay to get out of the blank journal thing I stopped buying them except as needed for either a rough sketch book, first blank pages one I find or I want a fancy art one with a specific type of paper. Did buy one for its cover but it matches the holes my binding machine makes.
Lined ones ended with a writing project that needed to be in something hearty but changed enough to have major rewrites. So now I use reinforced 3 ring binder paper.
There is one guilt page marbled cover book for a fancy commonplace book but only after I lay out the pages on practice paper.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:14 pm

So I'm atypical. LOL I actually DO write in most of mine eventually. ...Most of them. I'm starting to suspect that some will just be admired for ever.

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:26 am

Every time I use something, especially if it’s “nice”, hoarding grandma has a fit in the after life. And after it took us 10 years to sort what she left us including countless arts and crafts things that rotted instead of letting me use them I’d be using every journal I could get my hands on too. They’re made to record information in, use ‘em.
If I ended up tossing the guts the covers ended up in the book making pile. Collage, paint, and banana sticker collections cover up the rest
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:35 pm

LMBO My apple sticker collection's on the wall in the kitchen. I'll proly regret that when it comes time to move.

Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:15 am

Today will mark the 3 week threshold making this the longest we have stayed put since leaving the blue carpet house.
What’s weird is waking up in the middle of the night and momentarily feeling I’m in a hotel but it’s one of the ones we stayed in only once like in the middle of Arizona or New Mexico.
Each day this feels more like home but I’m still dealing with the fact that the cause of most of our misery isn’t still living with us. I never thought I could reset my nerves from being set off by certain noises or words but it can happen.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:46 pm

I hear you. I can still remember when I first moved in here, though that was twenty years ago now. And I'm still working on resetting some nerves.

Tam I am

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!