Go to footer

This is bad news

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

This is bad news

Postby embyquinn » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:40 am

I've been away from the board for a long time, and I'm sorry about that, I got kind of preoccupied with the so-called resin set. I haven't forgotten you guys, but I couldn't think of a good way to come back.

This isn't any way I would have chosen, but it will have to do. I need all the support I can get right now, we both do.

You've heard me talk about my life mate Barbara, she has been my life and my light and my reason for being for the past three decades. She is everything to me. She is beyond my mate, my friend, my sister. She is the other half of my being. The better half.

She had to go to the hospital last week. She was recovering from non-covid related pneumonia, and we thought that's all it was. It wasn't.

There is no nice way to say this and I've never been the most subtle person on the planet, so I'm just saying it right out. She's got extended small cell lung cancer that has metastasized to her liver. The best prognosis they can give her is 3 years or more. If she doesn't respond well to treatment she's going to have less than a year.

She's had her first chemo treatment, and she responded well to that, but she's really weak. they're supposed to start immunotherapy today. We can't take it any farther than that until we see how things go.

She's looking into early medical retirement from her job which she loves. Meanwhile I'm working 12-hour days and half a day on Saturdays to try and keep up with the bills. We just opened a GoFundMe and if anyone wants details on that I'll be happy to post it. Anything anyone can do would be welcome. This is going to be expensive, and it's going to be hard, and it is terrifying.

Barbara is looking on this is a great adventure. I'm looking on this as the end of both our lives.

I'm sorry to come back with such horrible news, but I am not dealing with this at all well. I am lost in a sea of absolute horror and misery and I am trying to hold despair at Bay with my teeth and fingernails. I lost my father to lung cancer, and this is my worst nightmare. Quite literally.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: This is bad news

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:04 pm

If I could reach through this screen and give you the biggest hug, I certainly would! I'm heading to my closet and getting down on my knees for you and Barbara when I finish typing this. If you aren't a big believer in prayer, that's okay. I am and right now that's something positive I can do for you right now.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:22 pm

So sorry to hear this. Wishing you peace, strength and love!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:39 pm

I'm so sorry. This sounds like the end of the world.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby embyquinn » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:53 pm

Jobee wrote:I'm so sorry. This sounds like the end of the world.

If I lose her, it'll be the end of my world. But she's not gone. She's not even dying. She's very sick, and it's very serious, but we're going to fight this every single step of the way.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:39 pm

I feel awful asking for this, but we're pretty desperate and I'm choking down my pride. Anything you can give, anything, will be welcome. We need help to live through this.
https://gofund.me/b79154c1
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Tam I am » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:14 pm

I just lost my best friend at the beginning of August, so I feel you. He wasn't a drinker, but liver cancer took him so quickly that I never even got a chance to go see him in care.

This is supposed to be empathetic sympathy, but I know it probably doesn't help much. I'm sorry.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:58 am

~hugs~
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:04 am

I am sorry to hear this. Big hugs.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology