Go to footer

Portable photo studio boxes?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Portable photo studio boxes?

Postby DollyKim » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:43 am

Anyone have any experience with those portable photo studio box things? I'm thinking of getting one, being able to fold up and store compactly is a must, no space here and my time is wonky. So I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them?

My next camera is going to be something in the iPhone Pro line with the 3 lenses including macro, no way around that. I'm looking at the We R Memory Keepers Shotbox because I can get it locally. It looks like it will fit 1/6 scale dolls, toy hoard, and a lot of my artwork. Those are the main things I need to take good photographs of.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Portable photo studio boxes?

Postby maywong » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:45 am

No, but I always though of buying one.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby davidd » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:54 am

So you're thinking of something like this:
https://www.joann.com/we-r-memory-keepe ... 91740.html

That looks like it has potential because of the hard sides.

I briefly owned a "softbox" or "light cube."
https://www.amazon.com/Julius-Studio-Sh ... 01GQHK4QA/

I ended up getting so frustrated with the "light cube" that I broke it up and threw it away. It arrived in a very compact flat-pack form, and it opened up as advertised, but there was no way to get it folded up again.

I think the option you are considering would be much easier to work with. Just make sure there is plenty of headroom for the tallest dolls you intend to work with.

iPhone Pro, huh? "Hollywood in your Pocket!" I kinda want one, too!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:41 am

The Shotbox is 14" tall. I'm not completely sold yet but with the price of the thing as compared to individual components it's very tempting.

The 13 pro has a macro lens, lidar, night vision and the same memory I was wanting in the regular one is only $200 more. An unlocked one will always work as a camera/media player.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!