Go to footer

Two cats to rehome

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Two cats to rehome

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:59 am

Just before the pandemic, my good friend Nancy Asire fell and broke her hip. No sooner had she come home, than she did it again. This time her family descended, cleared everything out of her house, and sold it to pay for her treatment and care in a nursing home. I took in her cats, with the goal being getting her into a care facility where she could have them. Unfortunately, that never happened; as often happens, the fall seems to have triggered Alzheimers, and she fell and broke her pelvis, seems to have understood she was never going to get out of the home and have her kitties again, and she just gave up.

So I had three cats which were utterly incompatible with mine. As in nonstop fighting.

A friend in California has been gracious enough to take one. I still have two. A female Maine Coon and a pathologically timid female black Angora. If anyone is interested, message me. They do not need to be together. In fact, the Angora hides so much I doubt the Maine Coon is even aware she is there most of the time. I will supply the full vet check and all vaccinations and pay for a pet courier to take them from my door to yours.

Yes! Pet courier! This is a thing! Travel in a nice, big wire crate, big enough for food, water, litter box for kitties, plenty of room to get up, stretch, look out the window, curl up. If you ever need one, these are the folks that took Zahr from my door to Christine's with updates by text the entire time.

Pet Travel Transport 1097 NE 45 Street
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
Phone: (877) 540-6743
Fax: 954-566-7303
Website: Affordable Pet Relocation Services (https://www.pettraveltransport.com/)
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Two cats to rehome

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:16 am

I wish you much luck finding these kitties homes. Unfortunately, my husband is quite frankly deathly allergic to all things feline and one of our dogs despises cats to death (although I think he might give the Maine coon a second thought).
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Stormlight » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:05 am

I would LOVE to take the Maine coon (always wanted one), but I heard they do better as solitary cats, and my 17 year old tabby would probably not be happy with me. Poor old girl was terrorized when we attempted to take care of my sisters cat for a month or two. I won’t put her through that again.

I wish you luck in finding them homes though!
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tam I am » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:37 pm

If I weren't in Canada I'd be jumping on it. I love Coons, even if they do make me sneeze.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!