Go to footer

Looking for a Barbie bank robbers film

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Looking for a Barbie bank robbers film

Postby DollyKim » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:40 pm

I am trying to find anything about a stop motion sketch I saw many many years ago-

It was stop motion but used Barbie knock offs, none of the dolls are Mattel, and had a very soap opera type story line. The particular part I remember had the husband of a married couple getting involved with bank robbers because his wife was pregnant. The baby would end up being an impossibly large out of scale baby doll. The title was something like "Ever expaning world" that would make sense with dolls.

It can't have been made before 1990 because one of the bank robbers was a NKOTB doll. I don't think it was on much after.

I think it was part of a sketch comedy show or edited together comedy clips. If it was on cable it would have been Nickelodeon, could also have been early Fox or syndicated to the Los Angeles area. It wasn't a little kids show.

It's almost easier to say what it wasn't.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Looking for a Barbie bank robbers film

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:33 am

That sounds exactly like a Robot Chicken piece.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:41 pm

I know but it's not, it's also not the thing from Kablam, Barbie Policy Trailer, Superstar, or an advertising campaign for Six Flags Magic Mountain (which is insanely brilliant), or that Coolest Girls thing.

The NKOTB doll stood out because I wanted them, also because he wore mostly black so he was part of the group doing the robbery. It was on at least twice because I was thrilled to see the dolls part again.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:26 am

Still no updates on this, I take it?
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:16 am

No. We didn't have a VCR ca 1990-1992 or I would have recorded it, and the Jordan doll dates the production to not being before 1990. Using real dolls would have got my attention and reminded me of the Six Flags commercials.

I feel it was part of a clip or skit show because I don't remember anything else with it, The Guys Next Door is a very outside shot because I would have watched that. If it was on cable then it was basic, like MTV, but I wasn't allowed to watch more than like The Monkees, it seems too sophisticated for Nickelodeon, so local Los Angeles OTA seems the most likely. KTLA, KCOP, KCAL Sunday afternoon stuff.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:40 am

I can update that it wasn't The Edge with Julie Brown.

Top candidates are-
Haywire (1990 version) the episode online with Gilbert doesn't have the dolls
The Unnaturals (another sketch show) could only find one clip
if it's The Guys Next Door it's not the pilot episode
I don't think it was the MTV version of the Ben Stiller show either, and I have access to the other version
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:59 am

I'm quite positive it was a segment on Haywire but not on either of the two episodes I've seen, mind your manners with Billy Quan was probably the most remembered bit, however another bit I do have on video tape was in one of them.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!