Go to footer

Sailor Moon Crystal Tokyo Portraits Set!!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Tokyo Portraits Set!!

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:16 am

kenaiqueen wrote:
SetsunaKou wrote::laughs: I can send you samples of each if you wanted to see them!!! :) :hugs:

I'd love to see some pictures. I've seen the first Sailor Moon mostly because my late niece loved it so much. I bought a dvd set and after watching, I donated it to our local library in her name. I haven't seen a lot of anime, but I've enjoyed what I have seen/read. (I have a terrible time with the right to left presentation so I haven't read much.) Not a great fan of the tiny nose points as you can tell from my Smart Dolls LOL! But I'd still like to see what's out there. It's so unusual to see a doll with my name![/quote]

Awww, that's sweet of you to do! :hugs:
'Sailor Moon' is the best!!! Really, it's got everything--romance, comedy, adventure, drama--all in one beautifully drawn package! We've loved and collected everything about it for over 25 years now! (Since 1995)

Anyway, the Sailor Moon dolls are all really rare now since they came out that many years ago so they'll be tough to find apart from maybe the small 6" BanDaI America dolls and even those are getting scarce!!! They were everywhere back then! :laughs: If you don't like the little cute pointed anime noses, you might be in luck with Amy! Her original Japanese 11" doll sculpt (Along with Venus/Mina) were created by a different artist than the others and those 2 ended up with cute little button noses with nostils and all! They didn't match the others in the set!! But it might be what you are looking for! My sis and I always wondered why those 2 were made by a different artist/sculptor than the rest!
I think we may even actually have an Amy like this in stock! If you like her, let me know and I'll see if I can dig her up in our 'inventory' closet!! :)

Okay, I'll show you pictures of the 11" dolls, right? You're not interested in the mini 6" dolls? if you are, let me know and I'll post those pics, too. :)
(Never mind the clothing---some of these are customs we made over the years in her various outfits. Just look at the face. :) :laughs:)

This is the original BanDai Japan 1992-1994 Mercury 11" doll: (The one with the nostrils and real nose, not just a point)

And this is a very similar (I think they just used the same sculpt) 1992-1999 BanDai Asia and Italian Giochi Prezioso 11" doll:

And the BanDai Japan 1995-1999 Mercury 11" Doll:

Here is the BanDai America 1995 Mercury 11.5" doll:

Here is the Irwin Canada 1997-1999 Mercury 11.5" doll:

And the Irwin America 2000-2001 Mercury 11.5" doll:

And my OOAK Volks 1998 Mercury 11" doll:

Here's the Pullip 2019 Mercury 11" doll:

And the new BanDai Japan 2023 Mercury 11" doll:

Here are the 6" sized Mercurys:

Here is the BanDai America 1995 Mercury 6" doll:

And the BanDai Japan 1996 Mercury 6" Doll:

Here is the Irwin Canada 1997-1999 Mercury 6" doll:

Here is the Irwin America 2001-2002 Mercury 6" doll:

And the BanDai Japan 2003-2004 PGSM (Live Action) Mercury 6" Doll:

This is a 17" BanDai America Mercury doll from 1995-1997:

This is a 17" Irwin America Mercury doll from 2001-2002:

And finally the 60cm Volks Dollfie Dream (22") Mercury BJD from 2020-2021:

Of course, there are also literally HUNDREDS of various sized figures and statues, action figures, plushies, etc, etc, etc. Sailor Moon is PROLIFIC!!!

:laughs:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Tokyo Portraits Set!!

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:25 pm

Thanks for showing me all those. Wow! She certainly has many variations. Of course, I like the last one best which is probably the most expensive. Your OOAK is adorable too tho. I'm thinking I may have to make my own OOAK. I'll keep my eyes open for a doll that I think will work.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!