Go to footer

Sailor Moon Crystal Tokyo Portraits Set!!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Sailor Moon Crystal Tokyo Portraits Set!!

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue May 30, 2023 5:33 pm

Happy Birthday, my darling Taiki-san/Sailor Star Maker!!! (May 30) My favorite Sailor Soldier for over 25 years and for always!

And just in time for the date, I completed my set of 12 'Sailor Moon Crystal Tokyo' Royal Romance Portraits last night!

I hope you like them!

#1 - King Endymion (Darien/Mamoru) x Neo Queen Serenity (Serena/Usagi)

#2 - Helios x Small Lady Serenity (Rini/Chibiusa)

#3 - Greg/Urawa x Neo Princess Mercury (Amy/Ami)

#4 - Chad/Yuuichirou x Neo Princess Mars(Rei)

#5 - Andrew/Motoki x Neo Princess Jupiter(Lita/Makoto)

#6 - Ken/Shinozaki x Neo Princess Venus (Mina/Minako)

#7 - Prince Star Maker (Terry/Taiki) x Neo Princess Pluto (Susan/Setsuna)

#8 - Prince Star Fighter (Sayer/Seiya) x Neo Princess Uranus (Alex/Haruka)

#9 - Prince Star Healer (Robin/Yaten) x Neo Princess Neptune (Michelle/Michiru)

#10 - Sammy/Shingo x Neo Princess Saturn (Tara/Hotaru)

#11 - Human Artemis x Human Luna

#12 - The Asteroid Quartet & Human Diana & RiRi (ChibiChibi)

Backgrounds are from 'Sailor Moon Crystal.'

They are based on events and stories which occur in my sister's fan novel 'Sailor Moon Eternal' (which she wrote back in 1998-1999).

Here is the link on fanfiction, if you'd care to read more:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2617944/1/ ... on-Eternal

Thank you again so much for looking!!! Hope you enjoy the art! I had a lot of fun drawing these!! :)

God bless!
~SetsunaKou
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Wed May 31, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Tokyo Portraits Set!!

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed May 31, 2023 10:37 am

All so cute! And I had no idea there was an Amy Sailor! Your work with the drapery and the hair is wonderful!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Wed May 31, 2023 7:14 pm

Your fanart is amazing!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby maywong » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:13 pm

Great job!
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:26 pm

kenaiqueen wrote:All so cute! And I had no idea there was an Amy Sailor! Your work with the drapery and the hair is wonderful!

Wow! Thanks soooo much, Amy-san!!! :hugs: Yup, Sailor Mercury's name is 'Amy.' :) (She's the Guardian of Ice and Intellect----like Abby Bominable, you would probably levitate towards her, too, since her powers are ice/snow!) And thanks for liking my work!!! I try to make them as accurate but detailed as I can. :) Thanks for always being so kind to comment!! :hugs:

Jobee wrote:Your fanart is amazing!

Aww, thank you so much, Jobee-san!!!!! That means a lot to me!!! :) I really appreciate your kind words and comment!! :hugs:

maywong wrote:Great job!

Thanks, maywong-san!!! :) You're always so sweet and thoughtful to comment! Appreciate it! :hugs: God bless!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:53 pm

I think I will need a Sailor Mercury doll eventually. I'll have to look around and see if any of them appeal to me. Or maybe make one. And I'm pretty sure that Abby Bominable was my first MH purchase! I still have her packed away somewhere.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:17 pm

Beautiful artwork! I’ve never been able to draw that well, but I’ve written (and read) my share of Sailor Moon fanfics back in the day! Usagi and Mamoru will always be my favorite couple. I love human Luna and Artemis, though!

I don’t know much about the Starlights. Only saw that final season once, and it was a vhs fansub. lol This was back when getting the entire series through anything other than fellow fans was next to impossible. I just remember being mad because Mamoru died (?!?) and Seiya was trying to horn in on Usagi and she was letting him? lol I think I’m probably misremembering details. I mean, if she never married Mamoru then Chibi-Usa would cease to exist. I still don’t know about the tiny tot, though. Chibichibi. What did she represent? Another daughter?
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:38 am

kenaiqueen wrote:I think I will need a Sailor Mercury doll eventually. I'll have to look around and see if any of them appeal to me. Or maybe make one. And I'm pretty sure that Abby Bominable was my first MH purchase! I still have her packed away somewhere.

:hugs: Yeah, you should!! There are some extra cute 6" and 11" dolls of the Sailor Scouts made. BanDai Japan made a set of both sizes; BanDai Asia made a set of 11" sized; BanDai America made a set of both sizes; Irwin Canada made a set of both sizes; Irwin America made a set of both sizes; and now BanDai is making a new set for the new reboot/remake series about 9" tall, like 'Licca' doll style.
I collected all except the new Licca type ones since they didn't make the Outer senshi (yet) and the BanDai Asia 11" ones because those were very very similar to the BanDai Japan versions, so it'd be a bit redundant.
I like them all but none really look EXACTLY like the anime characters, so we made our own Volks 11" set of them. :)
But if you like 'cute' dolls, then you might like either the BanDai Japan or Irwin America dolls.
The other types are very stylized---many people don't like them but I do! I think they're so unique and different they are neat!!! (Irwin Canada and BanDai America) They don't have 'noses' per se, but are more slim faced than the cutesy BanDai Japan and Irwin America types.
For me, I like the Volks set we made best, but it's a tie for me between the Irwin America and Irwin Canada dolls. I'm not really loving the BanDai Japan dolls, though they are the originals. They are too cute (and hollow bodied!) for me. Sort of like Licca-chan but with anime faces.
:laughs: I can send you samples of each if you wanted to see them!!! :) :hugs:

Stormlight wrote:Beautiful artwork! I’ve never been able to draw that well, but I’ve written (and read) my share of Sailor Moon fanfics back in the day! Usagi and Mamoru will always be my favorite couple. I love human Luna and Artemis, though!

I don’t know much about the Starlights. Only saw that final season once, and it was a vhs fansub. lol This was back when getting the entire series through anything other than fellow fans was next to impossible. I just remember being mad because Mamoru died (?!?) and Seiya was trying to horn in on Usagi and she was letting him? lol I think I’m probably misremembering details. I mean, if she never married Mamoru then Chibi-Usa would cease to exist. I still don’t know about the tiny tot, though. Chibichibi. What did she represent? Another daughter?

Ohh, thank you!!! :hugs: That means a lot to me!!!

The Starlights are our FAVORITES!!!! We fell in love with them instantly back then (over 25 yrs ago when we also had to see all the series on VHS fansubs!!!!!!! :) )
The final 5th season is our favorite (aside from my sister's 'sequel 6th season' she wrote, which the artwork I drew are from.) because of the Lights! My favorite is Taiki---he's just perfect in every way!

Anyway, yeah, so this is a very BASIC synopsis of that season: Mamoru decides to up and leave to head for Harvard in the USA (despite knowing that Usagi gets targeted every 5 minutes by a galactic bad guy!) and his star seed was taken by Galaxia during his plane trip to Massachusetts (unbeknownst to Usagi/gang until the very end--they thought he'd just left and forgotten her.) and Usagi was sad the whole time because he never wrote her from Harvard (where he was heading when he was taken) and the other girls are all swooning over the new male rock star/teen idol group 'Three Lights', who just happen to become the female Starlights (also unbeknownst to them until nearish the end) when fighting as senshi, to find their Princess, who had escaped their planet when Galaxia destroyed it, and had come to Earth to find the Silver Crystal princess, who she knows will be able to defeat Sailor Galaxia (the most powerful senshi in the galaxies) when no one else can (cause, duh, she's the star of the show!) :laughs:

Anyway, along the way, one of the Three Lights (Seiya) falls for Usagi but she is completely oblivious, though the other senshi are totally aware and wary of it, but she's like 'No way! We're just friends!' (it's an unrequited love) The Senshi are all totally against it, so lots of angst and comedy along the way.
Well, eventually they all come together (after lots more in fighting) to fight Galaxia, but they all get killed (some in shocking ways!) except Usagi, ChibiChibi, and the Starlights, who are with her right to the end! (They just can't be killed! They're like teflon! They're so awesome!! :laughs: Can you tell I adore them?! They are the ONLY ones who are able to hurt Galaxia and she gets so angry with them that she says she doesn't even want their Star Seeds anymore--she's just gonna kill them in vengeance for what they did to her!!!! 0_o But she can't! They are invulnerable somehow, even to their surprise! They're like 'Why don't we die?!?!' :laughs: I guess they are 'stars' not just 'planets' so they're pretty darn strong and tough, like the sun!)

Anyways, it turns out that ChibiChibi is Galaxia's 'Star Seed' which she sent long ago out of her body to keep it safe from Chaos who had been corrupting her. She knew that she would be undefeatable and totally evil once she was fully overtaken by chaos, so she sent her own Star Seed out to search and find the one person who could help save the universe with her 'Light of Hope" (ChibiChibi-her star seed). ChibiChibi/Starseed decides it's Usagi!
So, ChibiChibi turns into a giant sword 'The Light of Hope' which keeps prodding Usagi to kill evil Chaos Galaxia with as the only way to stop her, but Usagi, being the warm-hearted and naive person she is, refuses to use it and so Chaos Galaxia slices it in half!
Oh no! All is lost, right? Evil Galaxia taunts her that she's the only one left and has nothing to fight for and all her loved ones are gone and soon she will be, too!
But no, Usagi says she has friends--the Starlights are beside her now, protecting her--and she remembers what they (actually it was just Taiki--he's just wonderful and so wise! :drools:) told her about how your friends are never truly gone if you always keep them in your heart (aww!) and she gets strong thinking that, recites it word for word to Galaxia, and somehow, with her utter goodness, touches Galaxia's good soul buried deep inside, with her belief and love for her enemies.
Usagi's love releases Galaxia's original good self during a dramatic song filled climax scene with wings and no clothing, and saves the day, dispersing Chaos to just be a tiny part of everyone who exists and can be 'beaten' down by the choice of goodness in each person.
Then, all the senshi reappear because Good Galaxia gives back their Star Seeds, so they all zap back into existence! (Along with hundreds of other senshi who she'd stolen Star Seeds from over the years.)
Usagi hugs Mamoru (naked and winged as she still is from this final battle) and all the girls smile and encourage her as the Starlights look on with happiness and pride, too. Their princess reappears as well, and then they all leave for their own planet, but not without Seiya giving Mamoru a warning, inspired by Uranus--what she told to him, (he and Haruka have HUGE tension) to take care of Usagi now (cause Mamoru's sure been a dead beat fiance!) and not make her cry anymore! Yeah! Go Seiya! Tell him!
Then, all is peaceful and Usagi and Mamoru have a romantic moment which is also kind of funny and the theme song plays and all is well again!! Yay!!!!

It was actually the best season of Sailor Moon, in our opinion! Lots of fun, drama, comedy, adventure and romance!!! :)

Whew! Thanks again for liking my art!!!! :hugs: :)
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:04 pm

Thanks for the synopsis! I do have some more recollection now, but I feel like I need to hunt down this season and watch it again. I forgot about the Usagi being naked angel part. lol Yeah, that'd be one of the reasons it didn't get dubbed the first time. XD
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:27 pm

SetsunaKou wrote::laughs: I can send you samples of each if you wanted to see them!!! :) :hugs:
[/quote]
I'd love to see some pictures. I've seen the first Sailor Moon mostly because my late niece loved it so much. I bought a dvd set and after watching, I donated it to our local library in her name. I haven't seen a lot of anime, but I've enjoyed what I have seen/read. (I have a terrible time with the right to left presentation so I haven't read much.) Not a great fan of the tiny nose points as you can tell from my Smart Dolls LOL! But I'd still like to see what's out there. It's so unusual to see a doll with my name!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!