Go to footer

Spooky movies and TV 2023

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Spooky movies and TV 2023

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:26 am

Since it's spooky time let's share spooky media

So far this year's winner looks to be The Rolling Giant by Kane Pixels. This would be great at a watch party.

It's not related to his Backrooms series and you can watch it without seeing the first two parts of The Oldest View series that it's a part of. No gore but I wouldn't let little ones watch, nor would I recommend it for people with claustrophobia and severe feelings of being alone. You don't even need to hear it/understand English to get it.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Spooky movies and TV 2023

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:25 pm

The only true horror movie I have ever enjoyed is the very stylish, slightly insane Abominable Dr. Phibes. Not into slasher stuff at all. Otherwise, I like my spooky to be family friendly like Hocus Pocus or Mr. Boogety. Watching Tim Curry in either Rocky Horror or Legend is pure pleasure!

My DH is a movie/tv addict, and I frequently see more than I want when I go into the front room and accidentally see what he has on. I have teased him about his shows being about bleeding or boinking or both at the same time LOL!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:23 pm

I have a box set of Universal Monster black and white movies that go from the 30's to the 50's. I've been watching them in chronological order. I really enjoy older films. Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff are both amazing. I'm looking forward to some Lon Cheney Jr, but his movies are a bit later.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tam I am » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:26 pm

My favourite scary is environmental disaster or kaiju. I know a lot of people hated The Day After Tomorrow, but I enjoy it, and cry. Twister makes me laugh and hide. Tornado makes me cry. The chase scene in one movie with the giant monster going after a school bus was my kind of eeek. So was the bird scene in the first of the new Godzilla movies.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:46 am

Dr Phibes is great. I've seen several of the Universal monster movies and so far Bride of Frankenstein is my favorite, it's one of those movies where everything works. I want to see the Mexican/Spanish version of Dracula to compare it to Bela's. Haven't seen many modern horror movies, unless like Jeffrey Combs was in it.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Stormlight » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:55 pm

I love the supernatural horror like The Conjuring franchise and the spinoff Annabelle movies. Very creepy without relying on excessive gore or violence to get the chills across. I also love The Grudge. One of my favorites with Sarah Michelle Gellar. I can take or leave the second one, but the first is excellent. Also love Juon, the original Japanese version. Again, subtle psychological effects make for far more atmospheric horror than Hollywood's typical over-the-top gore fests. I love to be creeped out, not grossed out. lol
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!