Go to footer

Can you sew fast and have "minis"

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Can you sew fast and have "minis"

Postby DollyKim » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:41 am

And by fast I mean receive a pattern and have finished garment within 2 weeks? I'm looking at a deadline of November 15 to receive pictures, I would send out by this weekend. All levels of sewing would be welcome, hand and machine is fine.

Basically I'm looking to farm out some of the sewing for my next pattern book. The garments are simple, dresses mostly with just a few pieces but open to alteration and playing with the forms. The sizes are for medium to small busted Obitsu girls in 25cm, 23cm, and 21cm sizes, Takara Licca, Teen Skipper (used by Mattel for pixies etc), and vintage/Malibu Skipper. You can only pick one size to participate.

You must also have access to a camera, not a phone but a camera that can take decent pictures. So you'd need a place to host your pics so I can download them for the book, tagging/water marking is fine, I want to give the sewer and model credit. I will want several views of any finished outfits(s) and any notes on alterations you've made. Step by step construction photos are welcome if you wish to take them.

From me you would receive full size pattern pieces for an outfit. You will be free to keep them and use them for personal use for your dolls or in a swap, no making up stuff to sell, these books raise money for my site. You would also be able to purchase the finished book at a less than retail price, I use an on demand publisher so I set the prices.

Vintage Skipper is on the left, Teen Skipper in the middle if you're not sure if you have one or not.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Can you sew fast and have "minis"

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Lol, can I sew? Yes. Quickly, sure. Well? NOOO
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Most are simple dresses, just 3-4 pattern pieces, designed without ruffles and frou-frou but that can always be added.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Eseme » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Darn, I don't have the right dolls. I've been doing some human-sized sewing, so my machine is actually not in storage.

All I have at the moment is a Liv body with a Barbie head (and I know it is not quite the same size as an Obitsu).

Still, it sounds like a neat book!
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:46 pm

I have a vintage Skipper around here somewhere...if I can find her, I'll let you know.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:23 am

I can do a 1830s dress for a PD mini from cut out to finish by hand in 3 days. I own a 25cm medium bust obitsu and a 23cm child/small bust obitsu. I can do either. I would prefer the 25cm because she has the fewest clothes.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:47 am

Obitsu 25 is great, mine doesn't have a head at the moment. The clothes are 20th century but I have a design with a big skirt and a bit of puff to the sleeves.

*Not looking for anyone else at the moment.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby catzilerella » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Oooaww
That's too bad you don't need anyone else.
I would of loved to help.
<3
Can't wait to see the book.
catzilerella
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:20 am

Yeah, I just checked out the new Doll Recipe ones and they're all over the styles I was aiming it. Right now I think it's best to go back to the design board and figure out exactly what it is I need. I keep trying to look at it from the position I was a few years ago when I first got Louis and absolutely nothing would fit him.

In the mean time I'll push my drafting book.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!