Go to footer

I'm being published!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: I'm being published!

Postby richila » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:09 am

I just added your book to my KU list. :D
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:06 pm

Oh awesome! I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to leave a rating or review when you finish. I’m sadly lacking in those and I think I need a bunch of them before Amazon will start pushing my book up the rankings.

31 copies sold this month so far, not including the hardcovers that have yet to ship, so those orders haven’t been processed yet. They should start processing in February. But it’s not a bad job for a complete unknown, I think. Although most of the “sales” came from the free kindle weekend.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:29 pm

I appreciated the free read and left you a 5 star review. My big question is do you have dollies dressed up as your characters? That would be fun to see.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:54 pm

Thank you so much! I appreciate that.

And yes, I do! :mrgreen:

The Shadow King's appearance was inspired heavily by a particular doll sculpt. Souldoll's limited Chiron centaur head in the gray skintone. Before I saw him, the character was far more of a Jareth clone, but as soon as I laid eyes on that sculpt it was like inspiration struck, and the character's entire appearance changed.

I was able to purchase his head from the secondhand market a couple of years ago, and I bought him a body from Soom. The resin match is pretty good between them, and I like the Soom bodies better. They're a little less clunky. But now I've got my own Shadow King. I need to get some actual good pictures of him.

I still haven't found the perfect Gabriella yet. I keep an eye out though in case anything hits me. I did have a Dollmore Luv, but I wasn't really happy with her so I sold her on.

I've also been considering one for Isolese. I keep thinking Luts's elf Shiwoo would be perfect, but good luck finding one of those! :lol:

And I'd love to find one for Jinx, but I think she'd be pretty difficult given her appearance. lol
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!