Go to footer

Links to other doll forums?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Links to other doll forums?

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:49 am

~tries to sign up for a linked board, somehow keeps messing up one thing or another, eye twitches~

If we do agree to a particular discord or something I can see what I can do to figure out how to join. My brain has difficulties with half this stuff. If nothing else I'm on DOA with the same user name.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:27 am

I'm moderator on a couple other Facebook groups and it's not difficult. I'll step up if no on else is interested but it's good to have at least two people to monitor a group. I've tried Discord, but find it too difficult for me. Facebook would be pretty straightforward with just one main feed for posting on all topics. There are a lot of separate groups for individual doll types already.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:44 am

The advantages of FB is that it's easy. The disadvantage is you can't create subforums, only topic threads.

The advantages of Discord is you can have subforms. The disadvantage is it's clunky and confusing and has security issues (yes even more than FB).

I moderate a not-so-local-to-me-anymore doll group on Facebook, but it is not very active. It's easy to create, you can make it private, by invitation only or have potential members fill out a questionnaire of your making (helps weed out the spammers). On the other hand, I have not made a Discord group, but know a few people who have so I could ask.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Tam I am » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:13 pm

SetsunaKou wrote:Oh no!!! I feel like DS is a home away from home on the internet!! :cries:

Thank you, Karl-san, for all the years you have spent maintaining DS with your time, effort and finances. It's been an honor to be a part of this family and I appreciate it. I feel such a sense of loss losing this treasured place, but understand all things come to an end. :hugs: Thank you for everything. :hugs:

As for other doll forums----I second the FB idea. It would be the best and easiest to migrate to, I think, for everyone.

Who is willing to be admin/moderator of a Dollieh Sanctuary fb group?
Maywong-san---what do you say to starting an fb group? You're always so organized and active a doll creator.

:hugs:

SetsunaKou

Thanks for calling me nobody.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:42 pm

I'm so sad DS is shutting down, this is like a second home . . .
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:03 pm

DollyKim wrote:~tries to sign up for a linked board, somehow keeps messing up one thing or another, eye twitches~

If we do agree to a particular discord or something I can see what I can do to figure out how to join. My brain has difficulties with half this stuff. If nothing else I'm on DOA with the same user name.

I think you and I are having the same problem. Are you also stuck in an endless cycle of the activation code not sending, trying to login/reset your password, being told your account isn't activated, trying to resend the activation code, and being told that email address is already in use and to reset your password?
Kattriella

Postby Jobee » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:06 pm

I didn't get an activation code from Milkshake Melody either. I've checked my spam and trash folder, there's nothin.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:11 pm

I wonder if it's a server issue, with all of us trying to sign up at once? I know there aren't very many of us, but depending on how powerful the server is, we may have broken it.
Kattriella

Postby Blackhk » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:52 pm

maywong wrote:It's sad to see this forum close. I met so many nice people here.
If there are any other forums we can go to we should link them up here.

Anyone that is interested can joining this 1/6 doll forum. This way we can still stay in touch. I am a member on this one.
https://milkshakemelody.com/figurvore/index.php
I tried to sign up and no luck on the activiation code.
Blackhk
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Blackhk » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:55 pm

Bummer I would love to join you on the facebook group. I tried to message you but i didnt get email.
SetsunaKou wrote:Oh no!!! I feel like DS is a home away from home on the internet!! :cries:

Thank you, Karl-san, for all the years you have spent maintaining DS with your time, effort and finances. It's been an honor to be a part of this family and I appreciate it. I feel such a sense of loss losing this treasured place, but understand all things come to an end. :hugs: Thank you for everything. :hugs:

As for other doll forums----I second the FB idea. It would be the best and easiest to migrate to, I think, for everyone.

Who is willing to be admin/moderator of a Dollieh Sanctuary fb group?
Maywong-san---what do you say to starting an fb group? You're always so organized and active a doll creator.

:hugs:

SetsunaKou
Blackhk
Dolliehs? WHERE???

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!