Go to footer

Low level carbon monoxide poisoning

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Low level carbon monoxide poisoning

Postby DollyKim » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:16 am

Basically the last place we live had an on going gas leak and a supposedly working carbon monoxide detector that was either faulty or too high up on the wall to work or something. It never ever went off. If we left everything closed when we were out there was definitely a faint gas smell when we came back. It came down to the gas company saying it was on the owner to fix, the owner said everything was fine, we always left the kitchen door of a window slightly open when possible. It's probably the drafts that kept us alive

Something something no place else to go when we first moved in, very hard to get out of our particular kind of contract (rental assistance), spent the last full year looking, after telling a place that was supposed to be ready in October then December where to stick it got to where we are now in February something something.

Point being we always felt awful in the place with the gas leak, no energy always felt tired, no motivation, hated living there beyond it not being a place we belonged. I was having migraines unlike I had never had before. Within a few days of not having to sleep there we were starting to feel better. A few weeks later our physical and spiritual energy is better, I haven't had migraines outside of weather.

If you think you smell natural gas you probably smell natural gas. If a place you're at has bad vibes and makes you feel depressed all the time it might have a gas leak.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Low level carbon monoxide poisoning

Postby maywong » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:55 am

Did you try another carbon monoxide detector or get a lawyer or call the city? That is something you don't play around with.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Stormlight » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:15 pm

Dang. Sounds like the makings of a lawsuit to me. Glad you were able to get out of there and that you’re doing better physically and mentally.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:19 pm

My best friend and her whole family almost died last month because of carbon monoxide poisoning. If she hadn't been paranoid and looked up what the thing in their basement that was making noise was, they all would have died by morning. That stuff is no joke.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:06 am

No lawyers, no other detectors, we cashed the deposit return yesterday and want to be done with the place. Not to say I'm used to living in crapshacks but... It's a reality for a lot of disabled people.

One issue that stove had was uneven burner flame, there was a "high spot" on the ring of flames so we'd always be turning our pans when we cooked. I just remembered the gas company was there last summer relighting the water heaters after they did a shut off and said they couldn't find anything. X<
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!