Go to footer

Things that are awesome about being a kid

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Things that are awesome about being a kid

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 am

claws wrote:There used to be a lot of awesome cartoons on, but it's like the studios have gotten so lazy, they'd rather just dub a mediocre anime than create a good new cartoon. Though there are still some around..

That would probably be why there's those Beyblade, mini racing car and YGO-ish wannabe card game cartoons around (I kinda like the earlier Yugioh though). They gave me 4 season of Digimon in mandarin (I prefer it over the english dub) but made me dislike digi data squad for the horrid english dub and take took away sunday morning cartoons (Batman made up for it though)
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Stormlight » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 am

Gargoyles. Cannot forget Gargoyles! Gargoyles, Batman: TAS, and X-men pretty made up my entire must-watch list all through high school (and beyond).

I'm so pissed that Disney released only the first half of the second season of Gargoyles, and won't release anymore because it didn't make enough money. What about those of us who DID spend obscene amount of money on what was released, huh??? I didn't pay $40 for only half a series! >__<

Hmmph. This is why I have no guilt about searching the series online and downloading the rest of it for free. Wouldn't have to resort to drastic measures if the Disney corp wasn't such a greedy SOB. :P

Oh, yeah. And Avatar: The Last Airbender. Best American-made cartoon EVER (and yes, that includes Batman and Gargoyles).
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby arrowchild » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:07 am

I LOVED Batman TAS...still trying to convince my hubby that he needs to watch it lol

You know what I miss about being a kid? Being able to lanch myself off of swings, staircases etc, flying through the air, landing and not getting hurt. That and rolling down hills. Can't quite do that now that I'm in my thirties without bruising or breaking something lol

There are definately things I DON'T miss about childhood though, and I wouldn't want to go through it again. But I do miss the bouncy resilance I used to have, (at least until I was around 12...then I just seemed to get injured all the time lol)
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Ahhh, rolling down hills. I LOVED doing that. My grandparents have a nice big steep one in their front yard leading to their back yard, and my brothers and I would race each other all the time way back when. Of course, sometimes we'd roll too close to each other and end up getting kicked in the head with a flailing sneaker. :lol:

Those were the days ...

Now I want to go roll down it just for nostalgia's sake. But yeah, I'd probably end up breaking something. Or at least get looked at funny. XD
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!