Go to footer

Things that are awesome about being a kid

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Things that are awesome about being a kid

Postby claws » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:22 pm

You don't have to go to work.
You've got no bills or taxes to pay (unless you count sales tax, but that doesn't apply everywhere...)
You're allowed to be silly.
It's accepted that you're irresponsible.
You don't have to sit through hours of irritating political debate only to choose the Independent party candidate in the end.
You can't get a speeding ticket.
You won't get summoned for jury duty (this just happened to me again! :evil: )
You get to sleep in on weekends and national holidays.
You get to eat sugary cereal and watch cartoons every Saturday morning.
Your parents buy all your food and clothes.
You get to ask for toys for Christmas and no one thinks anything of it.
You don't have to worry about relationships.
If you don't do your homework once in a while, you won't be fired from school.
You can blame your mom if you're late. :P
You get to throw a temper tantrum in public when you're cranky, tired, or something didn't go right.
Your birthday really is your day.
You don't have to worry about your car breaking down.
You can have sleepovers.
You've got everything still ahead of you.

There's lots of things I totally don't miss about being a kid (like being forced to go wherever your parents are going, or never being taken seriously, or going to school 6-8 hours a day every day, or not being able to watch rated-R horror movies, or being stuck in the same place for years and not having the option to pack up and leave) but I've been having a bad week so far, and I really wouldn't mind shirking all my responsibilities right now and doing something reeeaaaaally stupid and juvenile for a while.
Sometimes being a grown-up just sucks. :roll:
claws
Dolly Pardon

Re: Things that are awesome about being a kid

Postby embyquinn » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Pssh, I still eat cereal and watch cartoons, and I ask for toys (or at least dollieh-related stuff) for Christmas and my birthday all the time. Since I don't drive, I can't get a speeding ticket anyway. And who says I can't have a sleepover if I want one?

Having fun is your reward for growing up. Never forget that.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby claws » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:15 pm

@embyquinn: I really do believe that...but everything keeps getting in the way. Totally driving me nuts. But I guess it'd be even crazier if I had kids or something. O_O
claws
Dolly Pardon

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:45 am

claws wrote:You get to eat sugary cereal and watch cartoons every Saturday morning.

Good times those. Good times
It kinda sucks that the quality of cartoons on free-to-air tv sucks these days(at least on my part of the world. Except for Batman. Batman good). then again i don't fall into their demography anymore.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:11 am

Batman the animated series? Definitely good. I almost think the half hour toy commercials were better than the "educational" shows that are on now. I'd rather watch Jem and the Holograms then flash computer animated furry detectives. Someone will come and rise above the rest.

I can have cookies for breakfast if I want, my website is the perfect excuse to buy toys, and I don't have homework. I like the financial security of being an adult and the wisdom to know that I'm not ready for kids.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:22 am

DollyKim wrote:Batman the animated series?

Currently I'm on The brave and the bold Batman team-ups with other DCers. But Batman TAS is still the best Batman series ever(for him I'll sit through re-runs). I had Cardcarptor Sakura, JLA, G.I JOE and if I go further back there would be stuff like Bionic Six, Lady Lovely Locks and Visionaries (although these fall into weekdays rush home after school cartoons)

At least we're still playing with toys. :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby richila » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:55 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:
DollyKim wrote:Batman the animated series?

Currently I'm on The brave and the bold Batman team-ups with other DCers. But Batman TAS is still the best Batman series ever(for him I'll sit through re-runs). I had Cardcarptor Sakura, JLA, G.I JOE and if I go further back there would be stuff like Bionic Six, Lady Lovely Locks and Visionaries (although these fall into weekdays rush home after school cartoons)

At least we're still playing with toys. :lol:

We love The Brave and the Bold at our house. My husband and I decided when we got married that only toys, books and video games were acceptable gifts for Christmas. (He was 1 of 5 and they often got underwear and other useful things for Christmas.) My Christmas doll is already on order. We write our Christmas lists and email them to each other. My son and I have played Pokemon together since he was 5, he will be 18 next month. My husband thinks Chocolate Cheerios bring the gap between kiddie cereals and grown-up choices. I will stick to my Honey-nut Cheerios.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby ivory stardust » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Wren and I steadfastly refuse to "act our age". After all, growing up is mandatory, growing old is optional. ^__^
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Postby claws » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:09 pm

@Iwa_Hoshi: OMG, Batman! I love every Batman cartoon there is, from the Animated Series to The Brave and the Bold (I even loved Batman Beyond, even after I found out that they only created it to sell toys >_< ) There used to be a lot of awesome cartoons on, but it's like the studios have gotten so lazy, they'd rather just dub a mediocre anime than create a good new cartoon. Though there are still some around...Generator Rex and Symbionic Titan on Cartoon Network are just awesome. (heh. I usually watch nothing but cartoons whenever I'm home, but I always have to work on Saturdays, so it's been ages since I've been able to do the cartoon/cereal thing. I don't even know what I'm missing anymore.)

@DollyKim: Very good points. I bet if I were financially secure I wouldn't be complaining quite as much. XP

I love you guys for being fans of Batman: TAS. Seriously. XD

@ivory stardust: I agree 100%! I just wish I could act ten years old when jury duty time comes, so no one wants me on their team... :lol:
claws
Dolly Pardon

Postby Geektopian » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:03 pm

I miss some of the ideal of childhood but for every Saturday spent watching cartoons and then playing with GI Joe or Big Jim in the back yard, there was a lot of suck too. It's that ideal that I want to cling to but it's only because of the autonomous individual you have the opportunity to be as an adult that gives me that ability.

Oh, and sex is pretty cool, too! :lol:
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!