Go to footer

Holy freakin' CRAP, Triad. SERIOUSLY? >__<

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Holy freakin' CRAP, Triad. SERIOUSLY? >__<

Postby Stormlight » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Sorry, I have the urge to rant.

Anyone ever hear of Triad Toys? They're a 1/6 figure company that makes these really gorgeous dolls, and I ordered two of them on the Otaku bodies, which are really beautiful if slightly less poseable than some of their other bodies (solid torso and whatnot).

When they arrived, I was shocked to see how big they were compared to Obitsu. Their plastic is this really gorgeous translucent matte, which gives it the look of real skin. It isn't like Obitsu soft body, it's hard plastic. And these girls are very solid. Their joints are metal, molded into the plastic, not a skeleton frame. They're twice as heavy as Obitsu, even though they stand about the same height.

Anyway, their joints are very tight when first opened, though. This is to keep them from becoming too loose. I didn't have a heat gun or blow drier to help loosen them as the insrtuctions stated, but I just very carefully applied enough pressure to at least get the legs and arms to bend. The brunette is just fine, but when I tried it on the blonde her leg snapped right off into my hand. I'd only taken her out of the box five minutes before. :roll: Talk about delicate! I handle my Obitsu more roughly than that without any problems!

Anyway, I sent off an email to Triad, explained the situation, asked for a replacement. Apparently, this sort of thing is common with the Otaku bodies (according to what I've read on Triad's forums). They respond three days later with the following message:

Im sorry that you ran into this issue. Sometimes a heat lamp just is not enough direct heat. The use of a heat gun or blow-dryer and with the use of either you should have no problems posing the figures. For an of the figure please mail it back to the listed address below with an included not of the problem and cause of the figures damage. As soon as I receive the damaged figure I will you back out a replacement.

Please note the bolded section. Does this make sense to anyone else? Because no matter how much I read it, it makes absolutely no sense to me. Perhaps my brain is broken, because it sure as hell isn't my email.

I've had to ask Triad three seperate times now to resend the message and tell me exactly what it is I'm supposed to be including in the package. A copy of recepit? All the extra parts? What? And instead of just telling me what I'm supposed to include, they apparently just copy/pasted the exact same message without actually bothering to read it before sending off. Same typos and everything! The third time, they sent it via attachment, which proved it wasn't my email screwing up. The last time, I asked them to send it via PM on their forum.

I got the Exact. Same. Message.

Okay. I understand that Triad is a very small company run by exactly two people. They design, sculpt, and produce these products on their own. They're very busy. I get that. But really? Really? They can't be bothered to read over their own damned writing to make sure it actually makes sense before sending it to their customer??? They can't answer a simple question for their customer, and just tell her what she needs to include with a package as opposed to copy-pasting the bad message over and over again???

Are they making fun of me? I'm seriously starting to believe they're doing this on purpose as a joke or something, because how can two people successfully run a company while displaying such a deliberate and obvious lack of common sense???

*deep breath*

Right. Okay. So, anyway, I did send a reply PM, told them directly to read their damned writing before sending it off (much more politely, of course), pointed out the very obvious problem in their message (again), asked them (AGAIN) to just TELL me what I needed to include or the doll was being shipped back with or without it, and now I'm waiting for a reply to that. I almost feel like I'm harassing them, but really, I also think they're bringing it all on themselves by not using their heads in the first place. :roll:

So, to sum up: Otaku doll/figure bodies (despite apparent design flaw) = pretty amazing. I still really do like them and really want a replacement for the blond as opposed to a refund. Triad customer service, however = not so much. If I order more Triad stuff (and the Otaku feet are HUGE so she'll need shoes, not to mention clothes because she doesn't fit Barbie or Obitsu very well), it'll probably be from Ebay sellers from now on, because I don't think I can handle dealing straight from the company anymore.

/rant
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Holy freakin' CRAP, Triad. SERIOUSLY? >__<

Postby haruredjen » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:49 pm

For an of the figure please mail it back to the listed address below with an included not of the problem and cause of the figures damage.

For a(n) REPLACEMENT -or- ANOTHER please mail it back to the listed address below with an included NOTE of the problem and cause of the FIGURE'S damage.

Maybe?
haruredjen
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby Geektopian » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Hell if I know what they're saying! :shock: I don't think it's anything personally directed at you, they simply send out a form e-mail that it appears nobody bothered to proof read.

I'll agree that the sculpts are lovely but the mechanical weirdness and persistent quality control problems have kept me from buying any of their figures.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Tira-chan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:20 pm

"For another of the figure please mail it back to the listed address below with an included note of the problem and cause of the figure's damage." is what I think they mean, but they kind of accidentally a word.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Stormlight » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Note definitely makes sense. I'd have included that anyway. But, I mean, the fact that her leg is entirely unattached and the joint is broken should be obvious enough even without a note, right? lol

Thanks!
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby JanetT » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:57 pm

I think "note" is what they meant. (A lot of these companies' reps do not speak English as their first language, and spelling/grammar mistakes are very common... even if you're dealing with their US agent.) Send back the broken doll and explain how she broke.... hope you're able to get a replacement soon!

The Triad figures LOOK really nice, but I have not been impressed with Triad quality.... got one of their 'generic' female action figures and her leg and hands pop off into my hand with very little provocation when trying to pose her. The leg-to-hip joint is a pain to pop back in place if she's wearing clothing, too.
This space for rent.....
JanetT
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!