Go to footer

Blythe... and the littlest pet shop? Huh?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Blythe... and the littlest pet shop? Huh?

Postby Mary Kathryn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Only way to keep a hobby going is to keep it growing by attracting new participants. I dare say most of us started early with a love of dolls and figures. The more the merrier. Also, the more the better the selection and prices will be. That's just my two cents, though.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Just saw a couple at the store and passed because I can't stand the eyes, they have the lines in them like porcelain dolls do and I don't care for the staring boggled look. Was hoping for a mini Freaky Frieda but it will have to be one with sleep eyes. One comes with a scooter and a side car for the pet.

And I stand by the idea they are massively over packaged.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby TieflingBoy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm wondering if this is any indication of Hasbro's intentions:

http://www.simplicity.com/p-5261-blythe ... othes.aspx

For anyone who doesn't want to look, the package has "Licensed by Hasbro" written in the bottom corner.
TieflingBoy
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:49 am

I have the pattern and it's nice. M Blythe is on a Teen Skipper body and it fits her, will fit Licca bodied Blythes too.

Pattern companies have done this before, when Bratz first came out I remember seeing official and unofficial patterns for them. Like me and some of my books you see a market, even if it's small, and make a cash grab, getting an official license means money all the way around. Patterns are clever because they know those who have invested in a Blythe are likely to sew for her but most people won't because they're lazy or don't know or want to know how to sew. The price tag for Blythe is still likely to turn parents off as the fact she can't really fit Barbie stuff. While in line at Disneyland I was only able to sell a mother on buying some princess dolls after I told her they had Barbie bodies and would fit Barbie stuff.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby absynthe1972 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:20 pm

I saw these in our local Wal-Mart. I passed the stand three or four times trying to decide if I wanted one. I shrugged my shoulders and decided against getting one of them. I might regret it later on, though.
My what big EYES you have!
absynthe1972
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:59 am

I say if you really want a Blythe that size get a Petit, more choices in appearance, sleep eyes, and so on. Dolls shouldn't come with regrets over getting them or not getting them.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:36 am

In my opinion both have different pros and cons. For example the Littlest Pet Shop ones can look up and down as well as side to side as well as they are less expensive. Plus there are a lot of much cuter ones that are not out yet.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Hmmm, I think though I'll hold out on either until I find one with white hair since I want a mini Frieda.

BBTS is a good way to go however, I've had several happy purchases from them in the past and they pack beyond well.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:41 pm

I'd rather get one when it shows up in the store since I can inspect them for flaws but BBTS (as well as Entertainment Earth) is good to see what is coming up before it gets released. I am sure these take the same size wig as normal Petites since I really doubt they will ever release a white haired one. I myself would rather pick one based on eye color and skin tone since those have got to be the hardest things to change.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!