Go to footer

Laugh, cry, GOT THE HINT!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Laugh, cry, GOT THE HINT!

Postby DollyKim » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:34 pm

I must tell myself to be happy with the karma of bringing up the 10 Disney Princess set and take the happiness of others getting them to make me happy. In a TL;DR I won't be getting a set. I now accept that as divine doll intervention and someone knowing I don't really need/want them because there will be something else for around the same price I will need/want more. Nor do I want to get much in to my love/grrr relationship with the characters.

So what's next? Looking through my hoard and testing my sewing skills to make my girls in to Disneyesque princesses. Cher-Pocahontas, Cybersix-Jasmine, Haruka-Mulan, so on and so on. Will need to ponder who will be Rapunzel as no one has long long hair but I have a Megera reminding me I haven't even seen half the movies or it's been forever. Don't care, I'm thinking Dorobo Joe will make a great Mozenrath from Aladdin.

Anyone had those moments when you're all over something and think you're going one direction,especially with your dolls, and get guided by them in another way?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Laugh, cry, GOT THE HINT!

Postby ivory stardust » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:37 pm

DollyKim wrote:Anyone had those moments when you're all over something and think you're going one direction,especially with your dolls, and get guided by them in another way?

Oh gawds yes! So far, of my planned-out 6 kids, the girls have swapped heads and one boy has informed me that the doll I put on layaway for him "Isn't me" and has changed his mind about 5 times on who he is before finally settling on a doll I may or may not be able to get (of course, he made sure I knew he simply would not be happy in any other incarnation. ~sigh~).. and that's just a few examples.

But at least you have a good outlook on it - it didn't happen because something better is in store. ^__^
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Postby KatyaR » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:16 pm

Absolutely. When the Power Team females were available, I bought one of the older-looking ones with the idea of making her a contemporary woman named Madeline. When she arrived, she made it clear that she was no such namby-pamby thing, and she instead appropriated an Imperial uniform and became Major Kaijrin Chanoreth.
KatyaR
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby cirquemom » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:22 pm

My dolls almost ALWAYS turn out to be someone different than I expected, so I'm used to things not working out as planned.

Look at it this way- figuring it out will be a lot more creative than just buying them. Rapunzel might have to be a reroot, though. :)
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!