Go to footer

Happy Turkey Day!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Happy Turkey Day!

Postby KitKat » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:28 am

Gobble Gobble Baby!! The best Thanksgiving was when my fiance and I cooked cornish hens together. Just us two and a couple of birds. It was lovely.
KitKat
Dolly Pardon

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:15 pm

I just cracked a can of Turkey and Giblets Friskie's Buffet for my cat - will that count? hahahahahaha
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby delbelcoure » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all :-) (at least all who celebrate it - the rest of you get my best wishes for today ;-)
We tried to just have potpies for dinner today, but it didn't work. I was sucked into cooking - like an irresistible pull. Must Cook On Thanksgiving! The turkey's in the oven for supper and the squash are already baked.
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Mary Kathryn » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:06 pm

I hope everyone who wanted to got stuffed! :lol:
Happy Thanksgiving!
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby K2! » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:32 pm

PIZZA!
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby DollyKim » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:35 pm

We're home having meatloaf wondering why no one in our family has called. Kind of lonely as we usually see each other today, big meal or not :/

I want pizza.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Geektopian » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Well, everything turned out well, even if I did cook it! We ended up eating at a somewhat later time (3:30-4:00), so I got to be less tired and harried while preparing the meal.

More poor wife pitched in and helped even though I tried to encourage her to get more rest. She's already been putting in crap tons of extra hours at work and has to be in at 5:00 AM tomorrow. Of course, that's actually sane compared to some retailers opening at 3:00 AM or just being opened today.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby arrowchild » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:11 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

We've had a lovely day-husband and I went to my parents' place and had a laid back dinner with them, my aunt and her husband, (I was in charge of veggies this year-sweet potato/pinapple casserole; baked butternut squash w/garlic, onions and thyme; a fresh basil/spinich/cranberry/sunflower seed salad...I cooked it all last night so no stress today! yay). And then Kev and my parents and I played Catch Phrase and laughed ourselves silly :)

And now...I'm craving either pizza or curry... :?

But I am very thankful for my family and the wonderful day I had with them
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:51 pm

We watched the Macy's parade, then the dog show and then my hubby and daughter went to see Tangled (I was feeling poorly - sinuses!!) and then we made this delicious chicken breast from our local Whole Foods store that's stuffed with a cheese, spinach and pine nut dressing, homemade mashed potatoes, steamed fresh green beans with artichokes, cornbread dressing with dried cranberries and crushed pecans followed by pecan pie (my northerner husband had never tried it before).

Now we are watching taped episodes of World's Dumbest and Mythbusters . . . life is good! LOL!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby richila » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Dark Angel wrote:Wow... I don't want to bring down the happiness of this thread, so I'm not going to share how my Thanksgiving is going.

{{{Hug}}}

Hooray for a precooked 10lb turkey that my husband thawed and heated! I only did the casserole and dressing, he took care of everything else. I love my dishwasher safe china!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!