Go to footer

Happy Turkey Day!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Happy Turkey Day!

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:36 am

Well, my thanksgiving went better than expected. Since my grandma is really close to passing we decided not to have the thanksgiving party this year. It's always at my grandma's house. But then at the last minute my aunt and uncle bought some rotisserie chickens and we fixed up some stuffing and potatoes and whatnot. So we did have a little dinner. And my grandma didn't die today. Which I guess is good, but I want her suffering to be over. I just wish she didn't have to die in order to accomplish that. :(
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Geektopian » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:11 am

I'm glad it turned out a *bit* better for you, Heather. I've had few Thanksgivings just like the one you had, so you have my sympathy.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Geektopian » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:49 am

Kirahfaye wrote:...followed by pecan pie (my northerner husband had never tried it before).

Huh? :o I guess I had never really considered that to be a regional dessert, since you can readily buy it pre-made in grocery stores.

This was the first time in several years that my wife didn't make bourbon-orange sweet potatoes but my mom made the traditional sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top, so all was good there. We again did our traditional cornbread and ciabatta dressing (can also be made with focaccia), which is a collaborative effort between my mom and I. Mom makes the cornbread and I toast the ciabatta crostinis, sauté the herbs and veggies, assemble the whole thing and bake it. And I went back to garlic mashed potatoes this year after a couple years of trying different recipes because, dammit, I like 'em! :lol: I did add celery root, which adds a subtle extra background flavor.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby DollyKim » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:04 am

Ended up being just the 3 of us and meatloaf, we played Monopoly and a peaceful time.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby delbelcoure » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 am

Yesterday was nice. For the first time in over 10 years, we didn't go to my mother - in - laws for Thanksgiving, which was weird, but she said she wanted some time alone for the holidays. We did end up doing most of the traditional dishes, but at 6 PM, not 2PM. Those extra hours made everything a lot simpler. We got to sleep in, DH made Turkish Delight and I made chicken stock to clear out the freezer. This morning was leftovers- yum!
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ivory stardust » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Dark Angel, I'm glad your day got better. I've had some really sucky holidays before and it, well, sucks! ~hug~

Glad to hear everyone else had a good day yesterday. ^__^ And Greyhaunt, yes I believe that does count.

It was rather uneventful here yesterday. Wren works nights so he slept til 7pm. I'd gotten a few things prepped Wednesday night, so it was very un-stressful as I had literally all day to slowly get things done, including cleaning up as I went along. Dinner was had while watching anime, then Wren played his X-Box and I played with Zane (who had a great time on his first Thanksgiving, wish I'd have thought to take pics!)

We now have a truckload of leftovers, since I *still* have it in my head to cook for 12, even though there's only 2 of us... yeah, we'll be sick of turkey real soon. :lol:
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Postby Eseme » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:18 pm

I celebrated Thanksgiving by not being in the United States (I normally am), and eating chicken. Also, not having internet access (which means I am waaaaaaay behind on the boards).

It was a lovely day, and I am glad to hear that everyone else had either a good day or a day with some surprises which made it better than they expected.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!