Go to footer

OMG!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: OMG!

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Yup. I've looked around on other sites and I think I've decided on a wig. I just am having trouble deciding weither I want to ask my mom to order it now as part of Haruka being a gift. (Seriously fell in love with a dark blue wig on Parabox.) Or actually wait until I have her.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:03 pm

She'll fit size 3-4 wigs then and one will never be enough :P They can wear some Barbie and Liv clothes so at least she won't have to be cold.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks. She's already spoiled then. I have my eyes on quite a few in that range.

Good thing I found some Barbie clothes that will definietly fit her. She might hate the ballgown I found though. (It managed to act almost like an outfit and a doll stand with how dense it is.)
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby ivory stardust » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:13 am

Congrats on getting your girl! ^__^

If you're wanting to find some 1/6 clothes on the cheap, you might also want to check out the Accessories thread in the Swap Meet here. I know there are several people (myself included) who are selling lots of clothes in that size.
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I also have one question: How fast does Mimiwoo ship out items? I think I found a wig perfect for my girl. It's about an inch off her size I figure since her head shape will be different it'll fit differently.

Also does the no black without washing first rule apply to Obitsu like it does to the resin dolls?
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby DollyKim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 pm

With a 1/6 doll you want to get a wig that is an exact size, one inch off won't work. If it's too big it will fall off and the cap will be visible, you won't like the results. There are people who make custom wigs too if you're having a hard time finding what you want.

And you should wash dark clothes, all clothes if you can, before putting them on a doll. It's just good practice. Do you know if your doll has a soft bust? If she does it's recommended to put a sealer on her soft body parts. I didn't seal mine and they have some smudges.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Well I ordered the wig already. The description said it was 3.5 to 4 inchs. That should work right?

My doll won't have a soft bust. She has white skin but otherwise the rest of her is completely like the normal fleshtone body. I'll clean her clothes just incase.

((She won't have a wig cap unless it comes with the wig. The site didn't say and I was not going to pay twenty dollar shipping on Parabox.)
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby DollyKim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Sounds like the wig should work. A normal body, any color, is a good start, they don't stain like the soft ones can. The wig cap is what the hair is sewn to. And you can probably order anything you see on Parabox from the Junky Spot, if Obitsu makes it, and then you only pay shipping from him which is much less. Because he's a dealer he gets special rates.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:27 pm

I'll have to check then when I have X-mas money. My mom made it pretty clear I was done shopping for Haruka until after Christmas when she's home.

I'll look into that when getting stuff for her. And thanks for the advice. I'm really excited to get her.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby ivory stardust » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:21 pm

Mimiwoo ships out pretty fast, I order from there all the time. Of course, coming from Hong Kong, it's still a bit of a wait.
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!