Go to footer

/Rant On

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

/Rant On

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:29 am

Okay, bear with me through a rant, if you would please.

Many of you know of my issues with "Copycat Loser Shops Emporium (tm)" from my purchase of a BBB Mei during a time when Emory was experiencing production/delivery issues with BBB. Aside from the bad customer service response I received, I just found out that Lorilei's face has several scratches. Now, I'm newb enough to not see the scratches when I wiped her original faceup, but the lady I sent her to mentioned 4-5 of them including one that came out from the side of her mouth that were giving her fits trying to do the face blush on her new faceup. I have no idea what she'll encounter when she does the body blushing . . .

Why am I blaming "Copycat Loser Shops Emporium (tm)"? Because Lorilei was an in-stock doll and I have the strong suspicion that she was a display doll in their physical store and had to endure being touched and "dollieh molested" before (and possibly after for all I know) I put her on layaway. When I got her, I noticed that her faceup looked slightly worn and rubbed.

Soooo . . . I don't know what to expect when Lorilei comes home from her spa week . . . or if we will will finally be able to bond.

/rant off I guess.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: /Rant On

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:16 am

Wow. That is just so wrong.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:01 pm

Of course, my suspicion isn't anything I could ever "prove" and there's no way they would admit to it . . . . However, I haven't heard anyone else complain about scratches on their brand new BBBs.

Shaina won't be working on the body blush until later on this week, so I'm trying not to think the worst for more scratching.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby DollyKim » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:33 pm

I only heard of problems with chocolate dolls but it was nothing like that.

This tips me from buying from Copycat in the Mile High City, I'd rather pay shipping from Korea.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:22 pm

That's really sad :( Gee, and to think we just had someone leave the JS forum because she'd rather buy from Copycat where she can "actually touch and handle" the dolls. No surprise then that some dolls look played with when they are purchased finally. If your Mei was a "display" model they really should have told you :(

I know that some of the color tinted bobobies sometimes have scratches because the darker tinted resins are more delicate, but scratching on an NS or WS shouldn't happen :(
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:15 pm

While I have bought dolls--even from Junkyspot--that were display models, they were clearly stated as such and offered at a substantial discount. Emory put one of his display Elfdolls up on ebay a while ago and between the "I'm getting rid of Elfdoll" discount and the "display model" discount I think she was 1/3 off for the starting bid.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:21 pm

That's what I was thinking, VV. If indeed Lorilei was a display model, she should not have been sold as new - even Walmart discounts display merchandise . . .
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby K2! » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Why is this not a surprise?

I can't wait to hop over to Denver, go into a store, actually see the stock, and manhandle some other customer's doll.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:20 pm

Wow, I inevitably end up buying a display doll once I've handled it. And when I had a doll shop locally that sold dolls I was collecting at the time, they would display the doll and get you a new one if you bought one. Then usually the display ended up in the bargain area after a while. Or you would be warned. (It was my Tonner and Gene dolls) Bummer.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!