Go to footer

Current dolly sewing projects?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Current dolly sewing projects?

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:07 am

Since I decided to get started on my dolly-cosplays early with Riven as Ciel Phantomhive I've been curious to what other members are up to for their current sewing projects. I know one thing....I need to find a jacket tutorial and some white fabric soon. XD An eyepatch will be easy compared to how frilly Ciel's clothing is....It'll be a fun project especially since my BFF is getting her own doll soon and we may do some more sewing projects using Riven as a model. (Oh how he'll hate us. He's already trying to hide himself after ending back up in the Felicity dress.) I've already made one pair of green shorts that were far to small for him. Might sell them once I fix the seams back up. After Riven's Ciel make-over Haruka's getting a real kimono and magical girl clothing as well.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Current dolly sewing projects?

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:12 am

I been thinking of doing Snow Miku (someone else in my group is doing default Miku and since Kula herself is ice based) so I need to get a move on.
For the moment I'm doing Ika Musume I already have the dress but delaying the hat for a few more weeks since I don't feel comfortable letting Kula run around as Squid girl so soon after the Japan disaster (There's an aquarium background shoot I want to do).

The costumes of Yuri Sakazaki and Kula Diamond (now that i figure out how to make pants)
Chun Li's costume (SF2 and Alpha/Zero) 1/3 size for Megu-Chun.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:50 am

Jimmy's entire wardrobe except for his white pants, jacket too short, he's a different size than everyone else. Zoltan's costume for the theme park character he plays. Looking in the stash for some fabric for the Hujoo since I found a pattern she fits, even I'm a lazy sewer. Everything I cut out for the Dollzone family and haven't put together...

Zoltan's is proving tricky as he needs harem pants and baggy sleeves but he's a skinny Volks N and they need to sit right.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:32 am

I'm making a purple lolita dress for Lola, and a white bodysuit for my third to-be-introduced doll. I have the fabric purchased to make Easter clothes for both Lola and Gabby. Lola's will be a very traditional Sunday Easter dress. Gabby is getting a yellow chick costume. Then my third to-be-introduced doll will get a mage dress and some soft boots.

I looooove sewing. That's a huge part of the hobby for me.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:21 am

I'm so excited! My friend is helping me make yarn doll wigs, yarn dread doll wigs, and various doll hats, scarves, dresses, socks, etc. And we've even come up with a way to make cheap custom doll carrying bags! Oh so many things to do I can't wait! :D
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby AmberRose » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:48 am

I am currently awaiting for the fabric i won off ebay to arrive so that i can start sewing the dress i am making for my daughters doll she is getting for her bday in may.
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Jobee » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:38 am

AmberRose wrote:I am currently awaiting for the fabric i won off ebay to arrive so that i can start sewing the dress i am making for my daughters doll she is getting for her bday in may.
Ooh, what kind of dress will it be?
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:56 am

Sherris needs a new slutty red dress, a red and white suit and some more light summer dresses - everyone else will have to lump it since Her Majesty insists on being first in line for clothing ><
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby AmberRose » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:59 pm

It will be like a 40's-50's style halter dress.
Kinda like this one:
http://www.bluevelvetvintage.com/vintag ... 0133v1.jpg
I have made them before this one is gonna be cute with a outer space print and black waist band. Her doll is a green tonner tyler that I will be repainting to look more teen aged. then get some jewerly and funky boots I think I will buy from facets that mary kathrine suggested. :mrgreen:
Last edited by AmberRose on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Shriara decided she need Spring dresses-1950's style. Circle skirt with puffed sleeves-have to redo my pattern-the bodice is too short on the first one.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!