Go to footer

Friends for dolliehs

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Friends for dolliehs

Postby quidam » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:20 pm

So, Annica's friend Aria arrived yesterday, and they are getting along smashingly. As I ended up saving a few bucks by buying a different boy than planned as the boy I originally wanted sold out, I decided to buy a "practice doll" with the money saved. She's a lovely little Bobobie sprite who will put up with all of my experiments while I'm learning how to do stuff. (She not here yet, so I don't know how happy she'll be about this)

Well, I'm driving home today when it suddenly occurred to me that once she was finished bearing the brunt of my experimental phase and gets to just be herself, she may get lonesome. She could hang out with the other two, but, you know, three's a crowd. She needs her own special friend. As the happy-splurge money has run out, I guess it's time to start saving up for her future play-mate. The stupid hunk of resin hasn't even arrived yet and she has her hand in my pocketbook.

So: do all of your dollies need their own special friend to call their own? Do they prefer large groups? Do you have a dolly that just doesn't play well with others? Or, perhaps, are you not stupid enough to anthropomorphize the pretty pieces of plastic that you own, so it does not matter to you one way or the other?
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Friends for dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:21 pm

My doll (who isn't even home yet) is kind of a loner, (thank god for my wallet), I just look at her and she looks like she wants all my attention and no one else.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby kurosu.chan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:51 pm

My Mihika might need a friend. She won't say it, but when we look at all the pretty dollies here she gets kinda quiet...don't know how I'll afford it, though!
kurosu.chan
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Jobee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:07 pm

I think dolls do well in pairs. Lola has Gabby, and I was really happy when I had these two. After getting a third, I've thought a lot about getting a fourth. Lola and Gabby are both 21cm. My third is 27cm, and feels kinda awkward around the first two.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 pm

I have a mixture of both. It just depends on the other dollies. Like Azazel, he only likes Pandora. But Willow only likes Azazel. Lol.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:11 am

I try my best to give anyone fairly equal treatment. No two are alike so they all have different features that I love. <3
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:35 am

Haruka prefers spending time with Riven but longs for another 27 cm to become friends with. (Oh dear she has no clue what I have planned...Evil twin for Christmas?)

Riven likes being with Haruka but prefers one on one time more it seems. Holly...She's just happy being by herself in her dresses.

The other three I'm planning are all very unusual...Satsuki especially. *evil laugh of secretiveness.*

To be honest...I have barly touched my dolls since getting my betta's. I still am in the hobby but currently my scaly babes have my attention.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:35 am

I have a team of 16 1/6 dolls who are either clones(2 sets)/relatives ( a pair of sisters, a cousin and a nephew)/lovers (3 couples)/totally unrelated to each other's media (almost everybody else), the only reason they get along with each other is that somehow they managed to fill up the cliched personality brackets(I can't get anymore 1/6 because of this) and are more interested in chilling out, working with each other than throwing jealousy fits. I had two males that had trouble fitting in that they faded away instead.

My 1/3 doll has a special 1/3 male friend coming as soon as I figure out his sculpt. so in the mean time my 1/6 keeps her company and she gets to go out and meet other 1/3 dolls when possible, so she don't mind waiting for the right sculpt to come along.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:03 am

To look at the hoard and figure out who would have to go together somewhere, Louis and Dauphan because they're brothers, Brenna and Bram because they're twins, Heath and Dolly as my first pair they have a connection. Can't break up Xavier, Jibriel, Lilly and Alistair because they're a family. Justin Mongoose would feel better if BFF Julian was with him. Nicholas/Holmes would like to have Alan/Watson for company. Little Walken would need at least one cat, he has a fondness for Oliver whom he got in a swap. Rian and Eloise make an unusual pair, because they arrived close in time to each other, but she'd ride off with Roger the Centaur first. The four Mac brothers may need to stay together, the Bee Gees, every princess needs her prince...

Oddly enough the 70 twins Taffy and Jareth could care less if they were split up but I would. Only thing my sister and I ever won together.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!