Go to footer

Your latest buys!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Your latest buys!

Postby DollyKim » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Babysitter Inc boy awaiting which custom head he'll get, we'll deal with the lack of articulation later, and a tentative ID as a 70s Ms Flair with her original hair.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Janeway » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:02 am

I have ordered a smart doll Mirai anniversary and a set of extra hands.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:47 pm

Trong Lego set. XD
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Stormlight » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:48 am

A Fairyland Lucywen elf head off DOA. Just hoping the seller actually shipped it yesterday like she promised. She was supposed to send it Monday but of course when it came down to it that didn't happen. She promised Wednesday. If that didn't happen again we're gonna have problems. -_-

Also, my computer totally crapped out on me. Refuses to turn on anymore. I can hear it working but the screen just comes up black. Then at other times it boots right up and runs just fine. But those other times are becoming few and far between. Soooo, did everything I could to try and save it but I'm pretty sure the harddrive (or the touchscreen) is dying. Come to think of it, the same thing happened to my last computer. It just eventually stopped turning on. So I just splurged uber money and bought a little MacBook this time. I keep hearing they're superior to PCs and I'm getting sick of having to replace a computer every three or four years. If I can get six or seven years out of this thing before it dies, it'll be money well-spent.
Stormlight

Postby DollyKim » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:33 am

My Macbook only had to be replaced when it got too old to update the OS, that took nearly 10 years after it was released, but it still works. The only iShiny that ever quit on me was an iPod when the battery died.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Stormlight » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:10 am

Awesome to know! I've already gone the iPhone route, have an iPad, the Apple watch (because I can control my music library on the phone through the watch when I'm at work, which is nice because I'm technically not supposed to have the phone on the floor. This way it never has to leave my bag).
Might as well add a Macbook to the collection and be done with it.
Stormlight

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Wow, I'm sorry your computers die on you so quickly. I wonder why? I always buy Dell computers and they last forever. I have a laptop that is close to 12 years old. I've had to replace the battery once and it still works like a charm. The only time I buy new computers is when the old ones are too old to update. Which is why I just got a new laptop. It's quieter, doesn't heat up like the old one and it's graphics are far better.
So yay to the new computers!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby richila » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:29 pm

This DIY kit is still in the box until I finish Richi's bedroom. It's a kitchen with a dinette set.
https://www.amazon.com/Flever-Dollhouse-Miniature-Creative-Furniture/dp/B01LQ22AKS
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:54 pm

You know, I owned one Dell computer and it did last me quite a few years. The tower did, anyway. Unfortunately, in my experience, Dell's monitors crap out after a year. They work just long enough for the warranty to expire and then that's it. Had to replace the first computer monitor with an expensive Sony when it died (which I still have that monitor and it still works, I just have no computer to run with it anymore).

I figured the Dell monitor dying was just a fluke, Until a couple of years later when I paid WAY too much money for a Dell LCD flatscreen television that started having issues eight or nine months in, and the only thing customer service offered me were these bullshit "quick fixes" that never fixed anything at all. And when I finally put my foot down and demanded they replace the TV with one that actually worked, the only response I got was "sorry, your warranty expired last month so we can't help you. But we'll be more than happy to sell you another TV for $800."

Needless to say, I have never purchased any of Dell's overpriced crap ever again. Their customer service was the worst I ever dealt with, too. -_-

On another note, those little DIY sets are so CUTE! Wish I had more room to put dioramas like that for the few tinies I have. I wonder if they're scaled for Pukipuki-size...
Stormlight

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:54 pm

richila wrote:This DIY kit is still in the box until I finish Richi's bedroom. It's a kitchen with a dinette set.
https://www.amazon.com/Flever-Dollhouse-Miniature-Creative-Furniture/dp/B01LQ22AKS

Adorable! I have some Calico Critters stuff to make into a home for my Amelia Thimble doll, but a lot of it is lost in the moving chaos at the moment. I hope you'll post pics when you get it done.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!