Go to footer

Your latest buys!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Your latest buys!

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:09 pm

My Barbie-sized girls have a new boyfriend. I've named him Jughead Jones. I'd have bought another, but there was only one other model and I didn't care for his looks. (It was the blonde airman.) The box says he has over 30 points of articulation, but I haven't had time to open the box yet to check him out. We are in the process of moving and it may be a while. In any case, I'm sure the girls will appreciate having a lover that is so flexible and, as you can see from the accessories, so well equipped. :lol:

ImageJughead by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:27 am

I have a platoon of them and your girls will be very happy with his quality. As for looks they have a large selection of face molds they cycle through so it's just a matter of looking to find ones you like. They accept acrylic paint easily if you need to change eye or hair color.

If not the head is pretty solid and you can do some plastic surgery with a crafting kit and air dry modeling compounds.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Hopefully a house! Well... I won't be buying it, my parents will. But I'll be living there too and paying rent. There's a main house and then there's a "mother in law's house" out back that would be mine. (Kind of my own place!!!!!) I'm trying not to get too excited about it because there's a million things that could happen and we wouldn't be able to get it, but... dang... it sure would be nice. So no more buying dollies for me. (I'm still waiting on 3 to get here though! Oops!)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:01 am

Black Friday madness!

Decided it was time to upgrade my phone so I sprang for the iPhone X. It has everything I want, a good camera and larger screen for typing (I do a lot of my writing on my phone), but smaller in overall size than my 6s Plus is. Although I had to spring for the 256GB version, because 64gb just isn’t enough space and there is no 128gb option anymore. *pout* Have to wait for it to ship in two to four weeks though. Hopefully before Christmas so I can put that camera to use! I already bought a few cases and a screen protector in the meantime.

I also splurged and bought a pair of wigs from Amadiz Studio because there was a 20% off sale. One of these days I’d love to order one of their dolls, too. The sculpts are so gorgeous!
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:05 am

Apparently, Mattel has teamed up with Sanrio to make Hello Kitty/Sanrio character Barbie clothes. Normally, I wouldn't care, as Hello Kitty is Sanrio's most popular character, and I don't normally care about Hello Kitty merch, but today in my local Walmart, I spotted an item I hadn't seen at other stores: a Little Twin Stars Barbie shirt! The only Sanrio characters I really care for, who usually get passed over for merchandise, and they made a shirt for the world's most popular doll with my precious Kiki and Lala? Needless to say, my Little Twin Stars fangirl now has a new shirt for her wardrobe. Even if she doesn't currently have a face because below freezing temperatures don't mix with MSC . . .
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Found a compartmentalized storage box thing that I'm going to use to organize my 23cm girl's clothes into because I'm out of space in my usual storage devices. At least it's better than the gallon Ziploc they're currently residing in.
Kattriella

Postby Eseme » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Hey, Kattriella, Mattel made an entire Little Twinstars OUTFIT, with skit and top, as well as accessories (no shoes though).

Check out my post in 1/6 for photos of my giant haul of on sale Barbie stuff at WalMart, there are photos. Also, I have Astronaut and Space Scientist Barbie!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:16 pm

Eseme wrote:Hey, Kattriella, Mattel made an entire Little Twinstars OUTFIT, with skit and top, as well as accessories (no shoes though).

Check out my post in 1/6 for photos of my giant haul of on sale Barbie stuff at WalMart, there are photos. Also, I have Astronaut and Space Scientist Barbie!

Eseme

I managed to find it on eBay. ;) Let's just say, I have a very happy doll right now. She's even sleeping in it . . .
Kattriella

Postby Stormlight » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Might have just bought an in-stock Fairyland F65 Sylvia fullset from DDE that's due to arrive today...
Stormlight

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Not truly doll related, but I got a new computer so I can look at doll stuff a whole lot better. :D Got myself a 27" monitor. Love it!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!