Go to footer

Your latest buys!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Your latest buys!

Postby Evelien » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Doll-related or not, what were your latest buys you'd like to share?

I'll start! :P
I personally went Polly Pocket crazy this week. I've always been eyeing the modern Pollys, but since I realized they're disappearing from stores in the Netherlands and are on sale everywhere at the moment, I've started collecting them like mad. Today I went on a toystore hunt and returned home with this pile of treasures (other than some toothpaste XD), oh by the way, I should tell you that I got most of this with at least 50% off:

- Three little DIY furniture sets, each with a very cute tiny little doll that'll be perfect for my 11cm Obitsu Rosie to play with
- A mini-keyboard, probably for Rosie as well
- A mini-Lalaloopsy, probably for Rosie as well XD
- 2 big Polly Pocket sets, 2 smaller Polly Pocket sets, 1 Polly Pocket surprise packet and 1 incomplete Polly Pocket accessory set
- A €2 game that consists of about a 100 tiny plastic chairs, in case I ever want to build a tiny school or diner diorama XD

I couldn't be happier! I'll go release everything from the plastic now. Lol!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Your latest buys!

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:35 pm

I bought a pair of pants and a new dress! Both from crafty folk here on DS. I can't wait to get my girls in some new clothes! :D

Plus I think I'm going to run to TRU later today for the last of the Hearts 4 Hearts outfits before they sell out.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby EAB » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Bows and arrows for my 1/6 (future) dragon riders (have to make the dragons now), and a Kemper sale wig for my Customhouse girl (red, mohair, $8.25).
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Bought myself some anime from Right Stuf. :D
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Pictures would be nice ^^. I always love some visual aid ^^
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby OkamiKodomo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Doll-related, I finished paying off my DZ Annie, and got her home, put an Angelsdoll Kloze on Layaway (which I should be able to pay off this Friday, and if not, at least the majority of it), and my hubby paid me back some money he owed me from this passed spring that I loaned him to fix his car, so I could buy Rune's body upgrade. I bought that white skin DZ body from Junkyspot's leftovers sale. I'll see how it looks against Rune's current degree of yellowing and face-up, but I may need to wipe it to put him in a windowsill for a few weeks to match properly. Also finally got around to buying a doll-sized zipper so I can started on Xiu's outfit.

Not doll related, I don't think I've really bought much of anything. I did get some quilt batting so I could finish off my dress-form. I can't believe someone would throw something like that away... all it needs is a little TLC. But hey, saves me from having to spend a hundred bucks on getting one. And it's a "big girl" frame so it won't take much padding to get it close to my size XD
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:04 pm

I got this one a while back for the girls:

This one Gift got for me for my birthday:

Got this one for Christmas from my family:

And then picked these two up today because they were priced incorrectly and were $8 off what they were supposed to be normally:

I still want to get these two, but I've only seen the robe one at it's normal price, and the other one comes with a doll and I don't want to pay full price for her yet.

I also got this one on clearance today:

A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Evelien » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:45 pm

I like the first dress best <3
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:59 pm

One of mine should be here soon. My Len Kagamine Dal is only three days away!
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:43 am

In the past 2 weeks I got a Monster High C.A. Cupid doll at Walmart, a bunch of Liv wigs and stuff that was half off at TRU and a motherlode at the ole thrift stores. I got this purple horse that is the perfect size for my MH dolls, yet another Liv doll, a poseable Midge, another ZhuZhu for the kitty, a huge bag of doll clothes, a Flairy, a MiniB and a bunch of smaller doodads like LPS animals and McDs MLPs.

I found a picture of the same horse on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrs-t-doll ... 943784435/

Oh and they aren't toys but I got a pair of "Calico Kittens" figurines. They were from some kind of kitties of the world kind of set and were a Persian kitty and a Siamese kitty in traditional garb. I don't really care for the other types like the momma and baby one I left behind but I wish I could find more of that set.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!