Go to footer

Your latest buys!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Your latest buys!

Postby Kattriella » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:22 pm

I've fallen down the Re-Ment rabbit hole, please send help.

On the bright side, I got the cute pitcher and glass set one of my guys was demanding. But then another eBay listing popped up in my recommended or whatever it's called, and now he wants it too . . . He doesn't care about a reroot or repaint. Doesn't care about not having clothes that fit. No, he wants a flipping SALAD SPINNER for a kitchen that's months from being completed. Seth, child, I can't even with you.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Can't help you - except to say look on some of the Japanese sites like AmiAmi too - may or may not be cheaper than eBay (I've seen some horribly over-priced stuff on eBay), but you can also pre-order upcoming sets too :D

Just don't get the Pose Skeleton stuff for 1:6 scale dolls - it's a lot smaller!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm

Postby Kattriella » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:06 pm

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:Can't help you - except to say look on some of the Japanese sites like AmiAmi too - may or may not be cheaper than eBay (I've seen some horribly over-priced stuff on eBay), but you can also pre-order upcoming sets too :D

Just don't get the Pose Skeleton stuff for 1:6 scale dolls - it's a lot smaller!

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!! Don't enable me!

Ah, who am I kidding, my soul was stole by miniatures a LOOOOOOONG time ago. (And earlier today one of my dolls who ISN'T EVEN HERE YET decided she wants a Little Twin Stars decorated bedroom. Decorated with Re-Ment stuff. Lovely . . .)
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:31 am

The only escape from the Re Ment trap is to have strict rules, only this, not that, exception is art supplies and stationary to be just like me. Dolls don't own anything I wouldn't want to be stuck with.

Orcara miniatures are cheaper. I've had the fast food, it has Pepsi products, for years, but believe it or don't never got to open it and see how it compares in size before Real Life got in the way. Toys R Us has bags of stuff for their DIY mall, in the Shopkins aisle, they tell you what's inside on the back of the bag. The playsets are way too small.

Anything that generally says dollhouse, unless you can see it with a Barbie or a ruler, will most likely be 1/12 scale for 6" figures. Playscale is more Barbie size.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:43 am

DollyKim wrote:The only escape from the Re Ment trap is to have strict rules, only this, not that, exception is art supplies and stationary to be just like me. Dolls don't own anything I wouldn't want to be stuck with.

Orcara miniatures are cheaper. I've had the fast food, it has Pepsi products, for years, but believe it or don't never got to open it and see how it compares in size before Real Life got in the way. Toys R Us has bags of stuff for their DIY mall, in the Shopkins aisle, they tell you what's inside on the back of the bag. The playsets are way too small.

Anything that generally says dollhouse, unless you can see it with a Barbie or a ruler, will most likely be 1/12 scale for 6" figures. Playscale is more Barbie size.

The only Rement stuff I'm ever interested in is cooking utensils and such. Basically, stuff for the kitchen that isn't food. (I can make most of the doll food I'd need with clay, paper, or slime, on occasion. Slime makes some really cool drinks, and doesn't spill as easily as real liquid.) Problem is, ever time I see something interesting but try to tell myself, "It's cool, but we don't NEED it, guys," they start a ting out the scene we'd use it for. I finally conceded when Seth said, "Fine, so we don't really NEED a salad spinner, but I still want the other stuff that's in this lot." I figure if he uses at least 60% of it, the rest will still look cute sitting on the counter.

As for scale, sometimes you can fudge it if it's just sitting on the counter in the background. Putting something that's a little small together with other things that are slightly small can make them look lessnout of proportion than if they were beside something that's the correct size, especially if you keep all the taller dolls (like my Integrity Toys dolls) away from that area of the counter. It wouldn't look as weird if my planned 23 cm Obitsu girl was standing beside them as it would if my 13 inch IT guys were standing there. Plus, the 1:12 scale stuff makes such cute "toys" for Kelly/Chelsea sized dolls, so anything I get in lots/bundles that's too out of proportion goes in the kids' toybox. (The kids being Kelly, Chelsea, and their friends. I have no children but my plastic ones.) I actually found a cute little train set in the dollhouse section of my local hobby and craft store that is just perfect for the little ones, and some cute little "rubber" duckies.
Kattriella

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:59 am

I just bought a custom painted (to look like my doggie!) dog from ResinSoul.

Zurui (That guy over there <--- in my avatar pic) is NOT going to be happy that another dog is coming to live with him. Oh well!! Makes me happy :lol:
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Janeway » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:30 pm

I bought a MSD sized office chair.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:05 pm

Bought two sets of the Kitchen Littles Fine Dining dishes on eBay. Still need one more set to have enough for the whole dollhouse, then I have to paint them because I just can't see my doll fam having dishes with pink teapots on them.
Kattriella

TAKARA/TOMY "Liccarize" Sakura Kinomoto

Postby Tasuke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:29 am

she showed up several days ago, and i couldn't help but start a bunch of improvements right off,
borrowing Yuki's old-type OBITSU 24 body, -a perfect match in skin tone!-
new gloves and stockings made from scratch, the originals being sized to fit the original TAKARA Licca body, itself much too short in actuality for Sakura's head, and looking far more proportionate
on a 24cm. OBITSU body.

also, her bonnet, as provided out of the box, WILL NOT FIT snugly to her head, so i reworked it with elastic lace to fit snugly and realistically.

she's pretty much finished now, i might remake the stockings once more, and soon as i can afford it next, both Sakura here and my Yuki Nagato will be getting a new-type 24cm. OBITSU.

also, since Yuki's bra, panties and socks are a fine match to Sakura here, i guess i'll have to make Yuki a new set soon...

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:03 pm

She's so cute, Tasuke!
Kattriella

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!