Go to footer

Your latest buys!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Your latest buys!

Postby maywong » Mon May 28, 2018 9:37 am

I bout some more WWE dolls from Mattel.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Den » Mon May 28, 2018 6:22 pm

My pastels arrived, but I ran out of MSC midway through spraying the first coat on the doll I was gonna work on, so I have to save up for that now...
Den
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Wed May 30, 2018 7:45 pm

Den wrote:My pastels arrived, but I ran out of MSC midway through spraying the first coat on the doll I was gonna work on, so I have to save up for that now...

Personally, I like Testors. It's less expensive and more available than MSC. I can go to my local (still a 30 minute drive) craft store and just pick up a can. :) But to each his/her own. I just thought I'd mention it to you in case you haven't heard of it.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Den » Wed May 30, 2018 9:07 pm

I've heard Testor's can get gummy and attract dust...
Den
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu May 31, 2018 6:36 am

My resins have had Testors for 10+ years. Dust I can agree a bit with, gummy hasn't happened. I did a light base coat, if even that, and a light top coat. Over that I've done paint on sealer on lips.

I've used pastels, water colors, and acrylic paint, and knock wood haven't had to touch them up yet.

I can see gummy happening if the layers of spray are too thick and not allowed to dry completely between layers.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Dark Angel » Thu May 31, 2018 10:34 am

I've never had any issues with testors (since 2006) but you should use what you feel comfortable with. I was just making a suggestion. :)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Den » Thu May 31, 2018 5:59 pm

I'll keep a look out, and see if it plays nice with me.
Den
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Anonymouslazycat » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:20 pm

I’m on vacation in a town that actually has a Toys R Us, so I just couldn’t resist going in and seeing if there was anything. And! I found the 18” DCSHG dolls at 50% off! So now I have a Batgirl, although I am already working on plans to maybe repaint her, see what other clothes fit, etc. Almost makes me wish I was bsck at home with all my dolly stuf. Almost but not quite ;)
Anonymouslazycat
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Den » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:24 pm

so I swung by a Hobby Lobby on my way home yesterday, and now I have brown polyclay, as well as some white, and I intend to use the brown to make Thistle, and the white will become eyes (after I finish another project with some of it). I wasn't sure whether they had the right Testor's stuff though.
Den
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:58 am

The Testors I use is called Dullcote, Michaels carries it, and any store that carries a selection of model car making stuff should have it. The cans are smaller than spray paint.

Looking forward to see what you do with the polyclay :)
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!