Go to footer

Your latest buys!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Your latest buys!

Postby Evelien » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks! I am very delighted with my thrift store finds, hope to visit one tomorrow as well, but I'm not sure I'll have time as my mom's coming over early in the afternoon to finally teach me how to use my sewing machine <3.

I am also delighted with your topic, thanks for posting, I just replied ;). And have fun at the flea market!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Sixoclock » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Purchased some material today!! Going to try my hand at making a few bodysuits for my vinyl girls. :3 I may also be heading to the American Girl store tomrrow to have a look around as well as to The Container Store to see about some display boxes for my figures. <3
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Just bought a FASHION ROYALTY SILENT PARTNER. I hope I like him. I also bought a bunch of manga/books.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Evelien » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:50 pm

I received loads more Polly dolls today lol! :lol:
Will post pics in my Polly topic later. :)
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby tirsden » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Three Pinky Street dolls for me, one of which should have been here by now but y'know, USPS Priority Mail isn't 2-3 days cuz that's what I paid for but nobody ever wants what they paid for. *facepaaalm* Oh well, if I'm lucky it'll be here Monday, otherwise Tuesday like the "expected" delivery date (USPS has had it since the 4th and this isn't international x_x ). But yes, Rei Ayanami ver.2 (the one where she has a school outfit and a summerish dress), Series 4 Sumire (black dress and a violin case plus another outfit), and Ramika from Anime Tenchou. Ramika / Anime Tenchou I knew nothing about until researching the doll "name" given by the listing after buying it (Captain Animate Wants You lol)... and boy was it a trail to figure out who she actually is (I wanted the hair and part of the outfit LOL).

I've never bought Pinky Street before and have meant to since eons ago seeing someone's cute photos on DA. It's about time! :lol: And from what I can tell, they'll be legitimate too, excellent feedback on the buyers and the photos show the right thing. If I get what's *not* in the photos, I'manotbeimpressed! Sucks how many bootlegs there are out there. =/
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:43 am

Pinky Street is so cute <3

I went to a thrift store today and found Ellie a chair for only 95 eurocents ^^ (approximately $1.23)

Ellie's new chair by Ev's Dolls ♫, on Flickr
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:44 am

Haruka approves of the chair. (I got one eactly like that only for 1/6th!) Grats on the find!

(I love Ellie's sneakers too! She's so cute.)
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 am

Thanks! I love her too. I should make her some more clothes though, she's always wearing the same set lol!
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 am

Welcome! She sports it well though! ^^
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:54 am

I swapped some wigs around, but that prompted me to find the wig in other colors, so now I have a purple wig like the pink one she's been wearing lately on the way, as well as a grey mohair one and a really cool shoulder strap doll cradle thing I can't wait to show off when it gets here. :D
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!