Go to footer

Your latest buys!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Your latest buys!

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:53 am

The book store is so tempting and I have stray critters who would fit in to it but I don't have the cat safe room right now. Real life has complicated so many doll plans like the 1/12 dollhouse kit we get years ago.

Computer wise I crashed all the hard drives in my Windows laptop, the only crash in my Mac was Adobe related. I miss being able to change parts on Macbooks because I was able to change hard drives and quadruple my storage myself and it took longer to find the tiny screw drivers than do the work.

With my brain injury I have found Mac and IOS easier to deal with. I've never had to yell at it "where did you put it?"
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:14 am

Just bought an Elsa Broadway LE Doll:

The funny thing is---I didn't even know she existed!! :laughs: I was browsing eBay for other LE dolls and she popped up and I gaped and said to myself 'What is THIS?!'

I wish they would make dolls of all the cast (hint, hint: Hans!) but I am 100% sure they won't. It seems all the merchandise is all about Elsa! (Poor Anna!)

She looks poorly made, I think. Her face looks so generic doll! When she arrives, I'll probably try to give her a new faceup to look more like the actress on broadway (Caissie Levy).
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:50 pm

The Chococat Barbie clothes for retail! And my own bag of perhaps the world's greatest chips.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Qrinta » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 am

Attempting to buy pants. XD I hate clothes shopping.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 am

Qrinta wrote:Attempting to buy pants. XD I hate clothes shopping.

Yup, that's the worst.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Anonymouslazycat » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:02 am

A few days a ago I saw that the dragon I had been eyeing on Etsy was on sale, with free shipping. So....I miiiiight have bought it. Maybe. Just a little bit. Here's a link if anyone wants to see: https://www.etsy.com/listing/551986400/ ... unasembled. I love 3d printing! I already have one printed doll, plus some little props my dad has done.

And in non-doll news, I also got myself a new trenchcoat. It dwarfs my 5'5 noodley frame, but it's super stylish and was only $25 at a thrift store. Which reminds me....I also love thrift stores! Gotten so much good stuff there...including my last trench coat (it's become kind of a thing...) for like $5.
Anonymouslazycat
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:11 pm

I have one of those dragons. From that seller, too. It's quite a bit of work so be ready for that. I recommend watching a good movie or listening to music while you pull off all the extra plastic. Also, the elastic they sent me was too thick and I struggled for about half an hour trying to get it through the wings. Ugh. But in the end, he's totally gorgeous and I wanted another! Lol.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Anonymouslazycat » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Dark Angel wrote:I have one of those dragons. From that seller, too. It's quite a bit of work so be ready for that. I recommend watching a good movie or listening to music while you pull off all the extra plastic. Also, the elastic they sent me was too thick and I struggled for about half an hour trying to get it through the wings. Ugh. But in the end, he's totally gorgeous and I wanted another! Lol.

I actually sort of enjoy that sort of work, putting a doll together. And I've strung some pretty tricky ones, so I have confidence. I'm sure it'll still be tricky though- but like you said, worth it!
Anonymouslazycat
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Stormlight » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Ooooo I might have to pick me up one of those. Or two. Or a dozen...
Only, as I have no patience I'd probably spring for the assembled version. lol

As for me, I just bought an awesome Jareth decal from Etsy for my new MacBook only for it to arrive and me to figure out it's meant for the BIGGER MacBooks, so it doesn't fit at all. *pout* So disappointed. I really wanted a Jareth decal. It didn't even occur to me to check measurements or that there might be bigger MacBooks than this. Well, there's the Air and the Pro, but the description didn't say Air or Pro so I just assumed it meant the regular MacBook, which is tiny in comparison. My fault.

Currently waiting to hear back from the seller to see if he'll offer me a refund for its return, as there is no return policy on his page that I can find. It's been two days and no word. Makes me wonder if he's ignoring me, although he was quick enough to contact me and let me know he was out of the black decals and did I want the purple one instead. I suppose I could always try and find another use for it if I can't return it.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:35 am

Anonymouslazycat wrote:I actually sort of enjoy that sort of work, putting a doll together. And I've strung some pretty tricky ones, so I have confidence. I'm sure it'll still be tricky though- but like you said, worth it!

Yeah, I like putting dolls together too so I didn't mind too much. But I was kind of irritated at the thickness of the elastic. The seller said that it has to be that thick to hold poses. I wish they had dremeled out the holes a little better then, so that the elastic could actually go through. :roll: Oh well. He's still beautiful.
My Family:
Dark Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!