Go to footer

Your latest buys!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Your latest buys!

Postby Kattriella » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:24 pm

I'm working on cataloging all the girls' outfits for doll project reasons, so it's giving my brain a reason to watch the entire Viz dub of the 90s series and look for little details. For instance, Usagi has at least three pairs of pink slippers! One plain, one with pom-poms (which is possibly an animation error), and one with bows.

My brain doesn't like to actually sit and watch things for no reason unless it's for background noise, so essentially giving myself "homework" is helping me focus.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:49 am

Not exactly a "buy" but more of a receipt for a holding deposit and signing the we want to live their papers for our new apartment. It's younger than me, doesn't have any lead paint, and the dolls and I will have our own bedroom-closet-bathroom similar in size to where we were before 2021.

The buying starts when I figure out what kind of shelfs the dolls get. New rule for furniture is nothing I can't move myself.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:53 am

A new apartment? Awesome DK!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Stormlight » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:52 am

I've been trying to organize my room, so I purchased these collapsible storage bins with doors that can be stacked on top of each other, and they're quite handy! Easy to assemble (they literally just fold up and snap together), they're lightweight, and they hold a nice amount of stuff. Wheels on the bottom, too, so easy to move if needed.

Haven't bought anything doll related for a while. I think the last was a DDDy body for my DD head, and then an Angel Philia right after that.

My big purchase for this year will hopefully be my car. Lease ends in March and I really want to buy it out. Waiting for the rest of my forms to show up so I can do my taxes, and that return will go toward the deposit I'm trying to save up. I'm praying it will be enough to keep payments low, even if I need to take a 5 year loan to do it. I just really don't want to lease again. I've leased for 12 straight years now and that's enough. :lol:
Stormlight

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:06 pm

For a decent used car check with the sales department of a rental car company, they maintain them and they don't keep them after certain milage, paid like half price for the still less than 5 year old vehicle we have now.

And please post pictures of your bins because I have officially parted with practically all of my shelves and would like something attractive for the dolls to pu their stuff in.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:19 pm

My Etsy fabric haul has arrived today! I needed some crushed panne in colors that JoAnn's doesn't carry. I had a running list of colors I needed, then ordered them all at once to save on shipping.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:19 pm

I had to look up what panne was, and now I'm thinking I want to upholser some doll furniture in it . . .
Kattriella

Postby Stormlight » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:14 pm

Dollykim, here are the two storage units I bought.
They’re both from Amazon. One on the left, the bins are slightly larger and have magnetic doors, but each bin does not have an individual lid, they just snap to each other and are open at the top. The bottom bin has the wheels. The doors are magnetic.

The set on the right was a little less expensive, but I actually like them better. Each bin has an individual lid and little wheels on the bottom, so you can stack them on top of each other or side by side if you choose. They’re just slightly smaller and have doors that latch manually.

You can order each of these units in various sizes/bin amounts. 1,3,5, etc...

They're really useful. If I had more wall space I'd probably order another set of the black and orange ones. I imagine they'd be really handy if you're someone who moves a lot, too.

ImageFoldable Shelf units by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr

ImageBins 2 by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr
Stormlight

Postby Kattriella » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:28 pm

Ooh, those are really cool!
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:49 pm

I don't mind the stack, I can actually see using that in place of dresser drawers for my t-shirt colony.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!