Go to footer

Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

Postby Trethowan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:07 pm

My office is torn up again. ha! This will be the third time I've boxed up the dolls and re-arranged the furniture. THIS time I'm adding an Ikea shelf (the Ivar series). It's a shelf/cabinet combo that will hopefully be the final home for all things doll. I'm excited! It means of course that all of my other crafts and activities will be put on hold again until I get it painted and built. I should take a picture when I'm finished. :-)
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Trethowan wrote:My office is torn up again. ha! This will be the third time I've boxed up the dolls and re-arranged the furniture. THIS time I'm adding an Ikea shelf (the Ivan series). It's a shelf/cabinet combo that will hopefully be the final home for all things doll. I'm excited! It means of course that all of my other crafts and activities will be put on hold again until I get it painted and built. I should take a picture when I'm finished. :-)

Ikea make cabinets for vampires?! Is it sunproof (auto correct changed that to sunroof, which I guess is about the last thing a vampire wants)? :D
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Trethowan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:03 am

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:
Trethowan wrote:My office is torn up again. ha! This will be the third time I've boxed up the dolls and re-arranged the furniture. THIS time I'm adding an Ikea shelf (the Ivan series). It's a shelf/cabinet combo that will hopefully be the final home for all things doll. I'm excited! It means of course that all of my other crafts and activities will be put on hold again until I get it painted and built. I should take a picture when I'm finished. :-)

Ikea make cabinets for vampires?! Is it sunproof (auto correct changed that to sunroof, which I guess is about the last thing a vampire wants)? :D

hehehe... yes! I'll put Ivan in the cabinet part. Zo can sit in the WINDOW. hahahahaha

I'm just hoping I can get this thing pulled together pretty soon! I don't like being surrounded by this upended mess.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby richila » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:07 am

Ashes of Zo makes me happy!

I finally finished my shawl just in time for the first really cool morning. Cinderblock walls are no insulation against 50 degree temperatures.
ImageMy Shawl is 2/3 finished by Richila, on Flickr
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Richila-san, that is so beautiful! I don't know how you can work such tiny knitting/crocheting! You're amazing!!!! :starry eyes:

Anyway, today is my birthday and my sis gave me several custom dolls that she made, just without faceups! (That's my part.) Squee!! She made me 3 Hans dolls and a King Agdar/Queen Idun set!!! The outfits are all so gorgeous!!!!

And I bought the Elsa 17" Frozen Fever LE doll for myself----she's perfect!!! :) (Well, I tweaked her faceup a bit, but otherwise...)

:)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Qrinta » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Sort of a project but my mom and I re-organized my room today and I sent a bunch of my boxed up dollieh's, mostly MH and EAH to the storage bay for now. On the upside I should now get better airflow since the vent is no longer covered up by my dresser and I have somewhat decided where my dragon/critter cabinet will go so my tinies will eventually have a permanent place to live. ^_^
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby DollyKim » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:03 am

Discovered Shezow, not to the point of making a doll but wondering who to use as a base if I do.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby richila » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:49 am

ImageADAD 2015 Day 334 : Warmth by Richila, on Flickr
Ultra suede is so perfect for tiny dolls. Richi got a cape.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Vetinari » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:07 am

Anyone got any suggestions for things to do with what's effectively an extra long pen blank? It's 38cm long and about 2cm squared so I think it would be a bit of a shame to actually cut it down for pens (well that and I'd need to acquire a lathe for that particular project!)

It came as a spare in a set I picked up for someone else - I ended up keeping the spare purely because of what the wood is - 5000yo bog oak from underneath the Cambridge Fens (that fact alone is giving me nerdgasms) the stuff is surprisingly dense and is pitch black.

Though due to its rough finish it's currently a rather ugly curio! Still it's kinda awesome in a "How old is this thing?!?" way, and in person you can really tell that it's only a few steps short of turning into coal :lol:
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:13 pm

Bog oak is great stuff!

You could probably do a couple of very narrow handled knives with it - you'd need a saw to cut it in half and a drill to drill a hole for the tang to go into (and probably a fair few drill bits as I think that stuff is hard). And sanding stuff to shape and finish it. But this size blade should work: http://brisa.fi/knife-blades/ae-damascus/ae-damascus-55.html - or get someone to make you the blades.

Edited to add - it would probably make two awesome dip nib pens. A lathe would make the shaping easier and more regular but you could do it - with a lot of care and patience - without (sanding, filing etc). Maybe go for a triangular shape, or rounded off square with some shaping for comfort near the grip.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!