Go to footer

Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

Postby DollyKim » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:33 am

Kattriella wrote:Been working on some stuff involving something I've been writing, including rewriting/editing a pocket calendar to keep up with the wiccan Wheel of the Year and the Celtic tree calendar. Ive also been researching the wiccan sabbots for story purposes.

If my books weren't in storage for the move I could tell you the exact name of the 'basic wicca magick 101' grimoire I have that I've been using as a reference for 25 years. But I can tell you it definitely hits different for people raised female, so that's something to think about for your writing.

At the one thing I attended it was mostly middle aged women, some college aged kids, and a couple of what I'd now call neckbeards. Everyone kept their clothes on, there was a circle with the people performing the ritual in the middle, just standard 'I am fire' stuff I suppose, some chanting of the names of the gods and goddesses of that particular holiday, and afterwards a potluck and someone playing music and a bit of dancing. The only weird thing was the branches I brought home didn't turn brown for a very long time, but that particular house was the most spiritually screwed up one we ever lived in and that was before I checked out the coven.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:23 am

I'm heavily basing the religions in the fantasy story I've been writing on Wicca and Paganism, but Wicca has fascinated me since childhood. I blame Scooby Doo.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:59 am

Like all organized religions there's tons of info out there so study carefully and don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. A good amount of it is different sciences, getting to know yourself and nature, and a higher power that isn't wrathful or vengeful and is okay with you asking questions and finding stuff out. It doesn't matter what media you consume or thoughts you have. You should strive to be a good person for the sake of being a good person and try to leave this world a better place than you found it. None that I have encountered has ever been against any other or previous spiritual practices, unless they're about harming living beings, and it just gives you other pathways towards fulfillment.

I'm not a spiritual person in general but I know enough basics about it for writing. And I was a professional phone tarot card reader in college. My current set is the Garbage Pail Kid ones which tells you how serious that end of it is.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:04 pm

We finally finished replacing the ceiling in our cellar, so now I will ACTUALLY have time to do things on days off again. \@-@/ There has been no time for video games, dolls, or even reading for almost a month.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:14 pm

Decided to take up painting again . . . Just in time to catch some currently unknown manner of "ick". Hopefully it's just a cold and not RSV, covid, or the flu. I'm staying on top of it with Alka Seltzer and Robitussin since it hasn't turned into an infection (yet), and my pharmacy technician mother gave me elderberry gummies to boost my immune system.

Guess now is a good time to catch up on time reading.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:20 am

What kind of painting?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:31 am

DollyKim wrote:What kind of painting?

Acrylic, mostly, though I DO want to get back into watercolor too. I was just getting set up to paint some dragons on my days off when I got sick.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:03 am

If you can do it painting might help you feel better. I had oil classes, self taught watercolor, acrylic (not on dolls) is the only one I haven't really got to yet but I have the supplies.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:33 pm

Getting ready to make about a dozen resin models from Sailor Moon; and also 4-8 dolls of Neptune and Healer in their various outfits for a friend's CHRISTmas gift!!!!

It's fun to try to find the different types of SM dolls now (20-25 years from when they came out!) and 'remake' them for a new fan!!!

So far, I've got the Volks pair prepared, the BanDai Japan ones prepared (and Neptune done from it!); the BanDai Namco Japan two incoming; the BanDai America pair ready to reroot; and the Irwin America Healer body/head and Irwin Canada Healer body/head waiting.
Still need to find an Irwin America Neptune at a good price, and Irwin Canada Neptune.

And if I find the BanDai Japan Healer and Neptune 6" 'Dream Pocket' dolls at good $$$, I'll grab those for her, too.

She's going to be so surprised!!!!

No super rush on the Irwin sets, since I figure I'll send them to her next year, but always have my eye out for those 2 missing Neptune dolls!!!! :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tam I am » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:37 pm

I got most of one half of a pig rag doll's body crochet.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!