Go to footer

Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:03 am

Making split rings in needle tatting. That'll teach them to send me free samples. Thinking about making some tatting for the 1830s doll now.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:10 am

Why do really fun doll idea's always come to me when I'm broke?

Blame Big Hero 6 for this... Tadashi and Hiro are currently my favorite characters from Disney and of course... They would make awesome Obitsu's plus... 1/6th scale would lead to more fun and easier prop builds then MSD and SD or MSD and Yo-SD. (I love my MSD's and Yo'S but my littler ones are easier to pose.)

Buuuuut I am as broke as a joke right now..... Filing idea away for later date... Plus... I still suck at painting faceups. Need to practice that more before attempting to make the brothers... But it's something I wanna go for one day.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby richila » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:23 am

Finally got back to crocheting, I love this color so now I am working on a Jasmine outfit for Richi. :lol:
ImageADAD 2015 Day 238 : Tiny by Richila, on Flickr
richila

Postby Carrillo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm working on a 1/6 scale of Thranduil, from the Hobbit. Re-rooting is making me crazy, and I can't sew well so he might be in underpants for a while as I try to figure out how to make his clothes. I'm looking forward to painting his face, though. I've only painted one face (eyes too) before so I hope I get things right! I also have a bunch of obitsu heads to play with!
I have 20+ BJDs... I was only gonna get one...
Carrillo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby MitisFeles » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:34 am

richila wrote:Finally got back to crocheting, I love this color so now I am working on a Jasmine outfit for Richi. :lol:

Awwww, nice little cosplay! That shade of teal looks great on Richi *_*

Carrillo wrote:I'm working on a 1/6 scale of Thranduil, from the Hobbit. [...]

Rerooting makes me go nuts, too... I started one during the summer but did really little and probably I'll never finish...
Anyway, I'm looking forawrd to see your Thranduil!

Alopecia No Hime wrote:Why do really fun doll idea's always come to me when I'm broke?

Blame Big Hero 6 for this... Tadashi and Hiro are currently my favorite characters from Disney and of course... They would make awesome Obitsu's [...].

I loved that movie! I have a little Baymax hanging from my keyring right now XD I hope you'll gather the money soon for this project! In the meanwhile you can practice face-ups, I think...

Well, I just decided how to dress Faye for Halloween. Guess who she will cosplay? :mrgreen:

MitisFeles
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:08 am

STEAMPUNK DOLLHOUSE CASE THINGGY! I have been wanting to make one for Young Sherlock Holmes but it has been impossible to find the right case that he'll fit in to, because a short Sherlock just won't do, so I'm going to make one for the 1/12 dollies I'm waiting for. It'll be in a trunk or a book shaped box or some other appropriate case and inside a little home for them.

Still doesn't mean I won't make Sherlock's too, but he's like 1/2" too tall for most stuff I find. Or the decorative boxes say Paris instead of London. Even if I could find a pair of book shaped boxes to change to Sherlock Holmes books would be cool.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby richila » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:51 am

ImageADAD 2015 Day 241 : On the Stage by Richila, on Flickr
It's 2 pieces, but she's so short waited it looks like a jumpsuit. :lol: :lol: :lol:
richila

Postby roserising » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:47 am

I'm hoping to get to Michaels sometime in the near future so I can pick up some things to make cute elastic bracelets for my incoming Obitsu girl, Reika. She just has to get here so I can see how the measurements look and stuff. Ugggh.
♫ we're all mad here, said the cat~ ♥
ALEXIS (md jina) | SONJA (ih rexy) | NATASHA (ih erica) | REMUS (cd nao)
GABRIELLA (sdf laila) | EVAN (dl noir) | ASHLEE (sd gisele) | PIPPA (hdf epi)
REIKA (obitsu luna) ♥WAITING♥ | ICHIGO (obitsu ai-chan) ♥saving
KYUU (obitsu misuzu) ♥saving | SHIORI (obitsu s-p) ♥saving
roserising
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Siead » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:33 pm

i'm working on re-doing one of my 1/4th girls into a evil fairy just for fun. the best part will be trying to make her a little backpack with wings that can be opened/closed. that or i'll drill into her back and build them into her but i'm not sure if i want to make it irreversible.
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:24 am

If you aren't sure if it should be irreversible then perhaps you shouldn't. There are plenty of wing harness tutorials that can be scaled down.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!