Go to footer

Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

Postby Trethowan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:26 pm

holy smokes, Richila, that's a huge list. :-p
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Siead » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:31 pm

just kinda flitting with ideas. i want to save up to buy a 1/4 doll next year, maybe two if i save really well and find one on the MP.
the one i definatly want is a Mei. i have a D&D character that's a hyperactive, bubbly drow that her mold suits perfectly.
the other i'm debating making is a figure of Thorfinn, fron the manga Vinland Saga, when he was a boy in it. angsty little viking with one hell of a knife-fighting technique. :)

sidenote: kinda working on a vid, but it's silly and not just dolls. first time trying something so extensive O_O heh.
Last edited by Siead on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:35 pm

OkamiKodomo wrote:I seriously have no idea how old the head is. Does anyone know when Angel of Dream made the switch from hooks in the headcap, to magnets?

We have two (AoD MoLan and AoD Zi Yuan), from when they first started, back in early 2007, and both have the hook system rather than magnets. Our new AoD boys, both from 2011, have the magnet caps.

So somewhere between 2007 and 2011. I think Britbrat-san mentioned that her boy has magnets and he's from 2009, so probably between 2007 - 2009?

Hope it helps!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby richila » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Trethowan wrote:holy smokes, Richila, that's a huge list. :-p

I have a bad habit of getting distracted. I started out creating a room for my Mei, Nefertari. I bought the stuff to get it set up and fell in love with the mini PD girls-so I started doing 1/6 stuff. Then last summer obitsu came out with the 11cm body and a tiny nekomimi started ruling the roost bringing home friends(minions), room boxes, a house and projects for me to complete. The latest project is the Merida outfit after seeing Brave, but making the bow and arrows has been fun. I just have to dig out my felt to finish it up.
http://youtu.be/0L8U5lFxcaQ This video from Youtube made it easy.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby EAB » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Closets. Cleaning closets. For the rest of my life.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:57 pm

I finished the project I've been putting off for months. Stripping an old doll of her face paint, whiping it and repainting. I started with an old barbie and watering down the acrylics just didn't help. It kept sliding off so I used the paint straight up. It didn't look bad...I think I did a good job for a beginner.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby yarwel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:48 pm

DollyKim has inspired me to try my hand at making a doll from polymer clay again. I have my first attempt, Dracula-chan, and I need to take more pictures of him and post them here. Mysteriously, all of the pictures with him clothed have disappeared... Anyway, I started work on a girl tonight, she is non-scale and, so far, blue.
I also need to re-do one of the barbie face-ups I did a while back, because it's absolutely awful, and take more pictures of what I do have finished to show you guys.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Hey practice makes perfect Yarwel. I wish I knew where the rest of my barbies went because I wanna do more.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby yarwel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Yeah, the weird thing is though, the first time I did a face-up on a vinyl doll it turned out great. I guess it was beginners luck, or maybe it's just that I painted her eyes closed.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Maybe....Everyone has a different style. I think I did okay for my first face up but I was expecting much..MUCH worse...
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!