Go to footer

Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

Postby happyknot » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Yay a work bench thread. Thanks Treth!

Well I was going to work on adding more dreads to Foofer's wig but apparently I donated the yarn I was using during my last clean out. If I'm lucky I might be able to pick up some new wool for this tomorrow.

In the meantime I have begun building up some horns for him. Here's a quick, ugly cell phone shot:

Last edited by happyknot on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyknot
Dolly Pardon

Postby Bluebird » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm currently working on making a wig for my doll. I received some ventilating needles and some lace for wig caps a couple of weeks ago after my first failed attempt.

I'm also doing some research on making armor for my doll. I'm thinking of making it out of leather-like material, or heat-molding plastic (forgot the term for this type of plastic). A lot of the tutorials I've found are on cosplay forums :)
Bluebird
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Dirili » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:08 pm

kiki-chan78 wrote:I'm also simply *dying* to have the chainsaw printed. It's gonna be awesome! XD

-Kiki-chan78.

How much is that going to cost you?!
I had mentioned in my intro thread that I didn't realize you meant 3D printing hehe. I thought you meant that you created the models and then made prints of the photo renderings.

I haven't looked up 3D printing in a while, but I know it was crazy expensive when I did look!

Edit to add:
oh yeah, totally forgot to mention, although it doesn't really make any difference lol, what I'm currently working on too...

Well, actually I've been concentrating on leveling up my painting skills and working out a collection that I have sketched out, so I only get to play with my dolly stuff when I'm taking breaks, but mostly I'm waiting for materials to arrive hehe.

I've been sewing some for my 1/6th dolls, but my 1/3 dolls won't arrive for another 30 days at least for the one, and 40-50 days for the other 2.

Waiting on some 1/6th alternate blank heads that I ordered from Mimiwoo to paint for my silicone doll and that will be my first non-clothing doll craft experience. Can't wait!
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:42 am

Will eventually finish even though I'm not really working on it at the moment:

-Franziska's outfit
-Sabine's outfit and accessories
-Venias's body mods (although I would have finished him already if a certain item had arrived when it was supposed to...)
-cleaning out my bookshelves to make room for dollieh "apartments"

>.> limited free time and time-sensitive projects have forced me to postpone my dollieh projects...
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby EAB » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:28 am

Those horns look amazing, happyknot. What are they made from?
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Trethowan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:26 am

richila wrote:
Trethowan wrote:holy smokes, Richila, that's a huge list. :-p

I have a bad habit of getting distracted. I started out creating a room for my Mei, Nefertari. I bought the stuff to get it set up and fell in love with the mini PD girls-so I started doing 1/6 stuff. Then last summer obitsu came out with the 11cm body and a tiny nekomimi started ruling the roost bringing home friends(minions), room boxes, a house and projects for me to complete. The latest project is the Merida outfit after seeing Brave, but making the bow and arrows has been fun. I just have to dig out my felt to finish it up.
http://youtu.be/0L8U5lFxcaQ This video from Youtube made it easy.

hehehe... I'm the queen of distrac---- ooh shiny!!

:-p Soooooooooooo... as soon as I'm finished with crafts for next week's VBS and get the church decorated Sunday, I'm FREE!!! wooo... I think I'll finish Foster's vest. Or I should probably start working on my Cosplay for the Fall-season con schedule.... /sigh.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby britbrat18 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:58 pm

It's nice hearing about everyone's projects! They all sound so interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing them. :D

I have the really crazy idea of making every single outfit Usagi and Mamoru wear in the anime, and manga, along with the artbooks and promo cards(for my Usagi and Mamoru bjds). :lol: I started collecting pictures a few weeks back and I have front, back, and side views of every single outfit they both wore in the anime so far(I went through all the episodes and screen capped them, don't think I missed any). And I have Mamoru's green jacket outfit done, a protoype Princess Serenity dress,and prototype Tuxedo Kamen outfit. I'm trying to do the ones I have fabric for first. And then do the rest sometime down the road. But it's gonna take a really long time to do this. I'm at around 110 outfits for the two of them in the anime(not including Princess/Prince/Senshi Uniforms/Queen/King). So I think it's going to take along time, probably still be working when the new anime comes out. :lol:

OkamiKodomo: Oh, I see! :D And that doll has indeed been through a lot, but at least she is in some awesome hands now! Can't wait to see how she looks when you get all done with her.
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:43 pm

This Summer, I want to get working on a big cave-like decor setup for a photostory. Yeah... wish me luck XD
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby happyknot » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:25 pm

EAB wrote:Those horns look amazing, happyknot. What are they made from?

Thank you! Unfortunately they are made out of polymer clay. I wanted to use a lighter air drying clay but...my supply had apparently air dried while in storage. >.<! I've cut off half of the original length to reduce the weight but I will also be using two rare earth magnets per horn as well. Hopefully they will stay on firmly.
happyknot
Dolly Pardon

Postby catshem » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:22 pm

A line of the Main cast Monster High Girls with chains.

I don't know why, just... CHAINS.
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!