Go to footer

Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

Postby Vetinari » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:06 pm

Does indulging in writing fanfiction count? :oops:

Otherwise still working on those masks, and redoing/doing several face-ups, though the great British summer really isn't cooperating!
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Carrillo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:55 am

I'm currently working on a 1/6 scale head to put on a Phicen body. He had moulded hair, which I didn't want so I've sanded him bald, and that meant reconstructing partially hidden ears! But hopefully I will get to make a wig soon!

And like Vetinari, I too am suffering the British summer. Waiting for days when I can sand or spray outdoors!
I have 20+ BJDs... I was only gonna get one...
Carrillo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby richila » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:03 pm

My first doll project in a while. I crocheted a wig cap and hooked in hair for my Orient Doll Tae, Girard.

ImageTrying out Pixlr by Valerie Kelley, on Flickr
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby MitisFeles » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:06 am

@Richila: Your Girard looks so handsome with this wig! Really good job!
MitisFeles
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:43 am

My OD Il is jealous he doesn't have any hair.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby richila » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:54 pm

MitisFeles wrote:@Richila: Your Girard looks so handsome with this wig! Really good job!

Thank you!
DollyKim wrote:My OD Il is jealous he doesn't have any hair.

Girard was bald for far too long. One of the cats chewed up his first wig and I gave away his temp wig in March.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Vetinari » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:39 pm

Well - now that I'm allowed, just participated in the DOA Triathlon, didn't do as well as I'd hoped this time around to be honest, but I was competing for the fun of it given how bad my photography is, which seems to be half the challenge with this sort of online contest! And it meant that I finally managed to dig up the correct pattern for the next project I'm going to be working on - Mr Bowie's Earthling era Union Jack frockcoat! (I'll post photos tomorrow, my laptop is overheating I'm afraid!)

Oh and my other project - anyone got any suggestions for a bjd sculpt preferably on the larger side that has similar bone structure to Pavi Largo/Handsome Jack (Warning if you google Pavi Largo the character design is fairly gruesome!) I've gotten my hands on a mini-Handsome Jack mask that's more or less bjd sized and it's totally making me want to add in some of the fringes-of-society/dark underbelly of the glamourous cyborg characters from the dystopia my BJDs inhabit into the mix for my 1/3 scale gang.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Vetinari » Wed May 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Incredible necro-bump!

Just realised I never showed you guys that slightly epic-project I was doing - this is really just a self-funding hobby rather than an epic money making plan, however I know there are a few other Labyrinth fans on here so, here's-some-things-whot-I-made:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MaskeradeM ... p_redirect

Hope you guys think they're cool! Eventually I kinda hope to up the ante a wee bit on the design/materials side of things, but for now I'm happy enough with them - and have even had a few sales.
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby SetsunaKou » Wed May 24, 2017 7:14 pm

Vetinari wrote:Incredible necro-bump!

Just realised I never showed you guys that slightly epic-project I was doing - this is really just a self-funding hobby rather than an epic money making plan, however I know there are a few other Labyrinth fans on here so, here's-some-things-whot-I-made:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MaskeradeM ... p_redirect

Hope you guys think they're cool! Eventually I kinda hope to up the ante a wee bit on the design/materials side of things, but for now I'm happy enough with them - and have even had a few sales.

WOW!!! I'm super impressed!!! Those masks are INCREDIBLE!!! :) Bravo, Vetinari-san! They are gorgeous!!!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Vetinari » Thu May 25, 2017 6:39 pm

SetsunaKou wrote:WOW!!! I'm super impressed!!! Those masks are INCREDIBLE!!! :) Bravo, Vetinari-san! They are gorgeous!!!!!!

:oops: Aw! Thank you! That means a great deal coming from someone as ridiculously awesome at this kind of thing as yourself.

(The upcoming batch includes a peacock that I'm rather proud of... Though I am debating with myself whether more feathers are possible)
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!