Go to footer

Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

Postby DollyKim » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:34 am

Check places like the 99 Cent Store for a product called Soil Love for the stubborn stains. With the MLPs I scrubbed them with an old tooth brush as well. A few of them needed multiple soaks with proper drying in between but most everyone came clean enough to pass on to other people with just Oxyclean and Zote soap.

There might be some secrets hidden in videos about old fashioned laundry routines. Wood ash, lye, ammonia and all that.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:39 pm

They're on the third round of oxiclean, and the stains are fading. I'm going to rinse them later and let them dry for a couple days, then hit them with the Zote soap. The issue is that the stains are definitely mouse droppings/urine, and I don't know how long they've been there.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:28 pm

Got sick (again), been in bed for four days, so the next round of cleaning and stain removal has to wait until next week.
Kattriella

Postby Jobee » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:17 pm

This year, I'm doing a 52 week drawing challenge. My goal is to complete (sketch, ink, and color) one piece every 7 days. To assist in this, I'm putting myself on a ban of month-long daily drawing challenges, because I always get fried for 2 months after working on one of those. It will mostly be fashion doll fanart, knowing me, but I'll throw in other stuff at my whims, like this week will be a stylized self portrait.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:21 am

I was able to buy some new shelves with a Christmas gift certificate for the doll room. My DH is doing most of the work to hang them, but I'm supervising. ;) They will be for my Monster Hi, EverAfter Hi & Bratzillas. He's also fixing my shelf for all my warrior women dolls which was sagging a bit and needed some drywall anchors.

ETA: Here's a picture of the shelves all filled. Forgot to mention they are the new home for the 11" Disney ILU4ever dolls too. The old warriors' shelf is warped and will need to be replaced eventually, but at least it's not going to collapse now. Loving the new shelves. Just the right size!

ImageNuShelvesFilled by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:43 am

An Adventures in Wonderland March Hare, and probably a Hatter, are now in mind when I can get doll making again. Trying to decide between sculpting a Hare head out of clay, one of my PTE guys looks enough like the Hatter, or doing him soft sculpture.

I'd love to have doll shelves like that in the new place but we've decided we're only hanging things with poster tack there. The Kallax aren't coming with me either so I'll be in the market for an all new (to me) way of displaying my dolls that won't fit in the doll house.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:25 pm

Since I'm pretty sure my original Usagi head has been sacrificed to the cat gods under the couch, I started rooting a new one. The rooting is almost done, I just need to thicken the part line. The problem with yellow hair is that it's a little translucent and makes thin spots REALLY obvious.
Kattriella

Postby Jobee » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:41 pm

It is Femslash February! So I want to do fanart, fanfiction, and photo shoots of my dollies in sapphic relationships!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:37 pm

Man, I wish I could get out to my workshop and get pictures of my girls, too . . .
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:21 am

Usagi and Rei's hair is almost done, as far as rooting goes. Minako and Makoto are next. Still waiting for Ami's hair to arrive.
Kattriella

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!