Go to footer

Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

Postby Shyla » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:22 am

Siead wrote:i'm working on re-doing one of my 1/4th girls into a evil fairy just for fun. the best part will be trying to make her a little backpack with wings that can be opened/closed. that or i'll drill into her back and build them into her but i'm not sure if i want to make it irreversible.

(low temp) Hot glue + magnets?

ImageDSC03431 by Shyla, on Flickr

Reversible? No harness bulk? I might be biased....
ImageDSC03678 by Shyla, on Flickr
my tumblr
my flickr
Ciero (RS Mu), Viridia (Gem of Doll Snowy on Resinsoul Ai body), Celia (RS Sophia), Nerri (IOS Luce) and Valnar (IOS Jaguar)
Shyla
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Siead » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:52 pm

yeah i have one with wings that magnet. but i want to make these new ones move by pulling a cord, so they might just fly off the magnets instead lol.
if i built it into the body, all the mechanisms would be in her torso with just the cord coming out her back. but then it might interfere with her strings. so for now it'll be a backpack/harness i think.
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Making paper.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Finally working on making a fancy pink dress for my Princess Aurora. And in between, making some jewelry and some doll clothes to sell at a huge holiday bazaar here. I'll be selling some of my sister's art stuff too along with the two kids books we published. The doll clothes will be for 18" dolls since they are so popular here.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby richila » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:34 pm

I have 4 projects going right now:
A slouchy hat for me made with yarn that I got for my birthday.
A sweater coat for Richi from Needle Punch thread.
A shawl for me made with lion brand yarn in Ozark
A new dress for Richi in Autumn Spice because the one I made in size 40 thread has disappeared - I suspect my son's kitten of theft.

My shawl
ImageCrocheting a shawl for me by Richila, on Flickr
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Vetinari » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:43 am

Right this is what (or rather who) I intend to work on this weekend - Set, Egyptian God of Chaos (who I kinda view as the Loki of his pantheon, though feel free to correct me)

Hopefully he'll work out and actually become a rather out there bjd head sculpt!

https://flic.kr/p/Aaj9yG
(Once again where the hell have Flickr put the Bbcode?)
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Ding dong the witch is done! The witch is done!

My sewing interest is now rotating back to Yuyu Hakusho.
Now I have to find some nice fur to get my Kitsune tail done. I have not exactly decided what Yoko Kurama's tail should look like other than preferably slick and slim for movement sake. I have intention to stuff a wire inside it.

On one hand I bought a weft of hair similar in color to his wig., on the other hand I am waiting for the weather to clear up before hitting the fabric shops to check fur boas and fur weft.

And when Kurama is done, I can go back to working on 50cm Young Genkai's costume and see how to work in 55cm Hiei. I love how the four big dolls manage to figure out how to work with each other. Jack has the height and built for Younger Toguro althought I'm not sure about him yet :lol:

I should be on track with Team Yuyu Hakusho for Chinese New Year, as long as my raven/crow does not distract and turn Young Genkai into an owl. Side themes are so distractedly fun....

A witch and her familiar?
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby TskTsk » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:22 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:Ding dong the witch is done! The witch is done!

My sewing interest is now rotating back to Yuyu Hakusho.
Now I have to find some nice fur to get my Kitsune tail done. I have not exactly decided what Yoko Kurama's tail should look like other than preferably slick and slim for movement sake. I have intention to stuff a wire inside it.

On one hand I bought a weft of hair similar in color to his wig., on the other hand I am waiting for the weather to clear up before hitting the fabric shops to check fur boas and fur weft.

And when Kurama is done, I can go back to working on 50cm Young Genkai's costume and see how to work in 55cm Hiei. I love how the four big dolls manage to figure out how to work with each other. Jack has the height and built for Younger Toguro althought I'm not sure about him yet :lol:

I should be on track with Team Yuyu Hakusho for Chinese New Year, as long as my raven/crow does not distract and turn Young Genkai into an owl. Side themes are so distractedly fun....

A witch and her familiar?

OH DAMN! Sweet 'fits you got! Totally inspired me to make a wee witches hat! Any sources for spooky costume patterns for dolls or anything?
TskTsk
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby richila » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:19 am

richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Re:

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:37 pm

TskTsk wrote:
OH DAMN! Sweet 'fits you got! Totally inspired me to make a wee witches hat! Any sources for spooky costume patterns for dolls or anything?

Thanks. Other than the wrap skirt I sewn, the rest of her clothes were a combination of two different shirts I bought. It amused me that the shirts worked out well.

Mainly I had to google tutorials to get a rough idea if not search for pics. You could break the costume into a two piece instead of a one piece outfit and see what other stuff to add on.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!