Go to footer

Tasuke's Anime Harem

Show us your dollieh household and tell us their bios. (formerly Figure Biographies)

Tasuke's Anime Harem

Postby Tasuke » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:47 am

it has been a full decade and a half since i bought my very first Anime-based Character Dolls,
the very same ones that had inspired me to learn how to sew, so i could make them the custom outfits i'd desired to see them wear,
a skill that has been refined through the years, and has come to serve me well indeed in keeping my ever expanding 1/5 and 1/6 Anime Harem well dressed to my personal tastes.

these are the three-doll "Tenchi Muyo!" 12in. Chara-Doll series
that the U.S. TOYNAMI corp. made for the U.S. Comic/collectors' shop market in 2001, when U.S. PIONEER ANIMATION was pushing "Tenchi Muyo!"
it's most successful Anime property in the U.S. throughout the 1990's, via the aid of CARTOON NETWORK's "TOONAMI" Anime CATV programming block,
and several small time U.S. toy companies producing merchandise, arguably the best of which being these 12in. Character Dolls
of the main protagonist and the two primary Alien women romantically interested in him.

i was very much into "Tenchi Muyo!" at the time, a budding Anime fan without internet and only the occasional trip to a comics/collectibles' shop
to satiate my growing, burning Anime passion. these dolls, at $27.99USD each at one of my favorite shops in 2001,
were something i never even knew i wanted until i stumbled upon them. the moment i did, however, i HAD to own them all.

they have not aged well, and i had retired them to storage back in 2008 or so, after finally joining the 21st century with my own Internet at home,
and finding out about the great many Japanese market Anime Dolls in 1/6 that made those old Tenchi dolls look like a proverbial Joke.

a good half-dozen years on, with a lovely covey of 1/6 Anime ladies all in an exact size parity thanks to their uniform OBITSU doll bodies,
i pulled out my old Year-One Girls (and Guy) to commemorate Fifteen entire years worth of creative Anime Doll fandom...

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Tasuke's Anime Harem

Postby davidd » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Interesting history behind your collection. Now that another third of a decade has passed since this post, I would love to see:

a) the missing photos from the original post

b) the current status of your collection.

I know you've added some amazing cuties recently. I just happened to stumble across this old post, and found the mini-history behind your collecting passion quite interesting. It's always fun to see somebody in whom the flame of enthusiasm for a hobby continues to burn after... well, pushing the two decade mark now!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Sanctuaries