Go to footer

An Explosion of Imagination

Show us your dollieh household and tell us their bios. (formerly Figure Biographies)

Re: An Explosion of Imagination

Postby coloredimage » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:05 pm

It's true :) It surprises me sometimes - my best friend and I both have a Mei, my mother has an Ariel, and she and I both have Bei and it's amazing just how different my version of that sculpt is from theirs. My best friend's Mei, for instance, is the sweet, quiet sister to Ixia, my Rong, but looking at Fox she is nothing like that at all!

[Edited pictures in the original post as well]
coloredimage
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Ummm..... I hate to nitpick, but aren't leanan sidhe female only? >.> I don't think a boy can be one.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby coloredimage » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:16 am

It's a valid question :) But nope, they're not just female. The first myths the lhiannon sidhe (leanan being singular) were portrayed as male and female (I think it was Manx? It wasn't the Irish fae I know that, it's been a long time since I did the research lol), but the men have become more and more edged out. The term simply refers to the idea of the Dark Muse. Male leanan sidhe have risen again because of Bloodlines, I think.
coloredimage
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:20 am

coloredimage wrote:It's a valid question :) But nope, they're not just female. The first myths the lhiannon sidhe (leanan being singular) were portrayed as male and female (I think it was Manx? It wasn't the Irish fae I know that, it's been a long time since I did the research lol), but the men have become more and more edged out. The term simply refers to the idea of the Dark Muse. Male leanan sidhe have risen again because of Bloodlines, I think.

I did not know that.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby coloredimage » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:32 pm

added pictures/changed pictures for Autumn, Fox, Gabriel, and Estella. Added Jack's bio
coloredimage
the walls have dolliehs

Postby coloredimage » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:38 am

Updated - changed Ginger and Autumn to Coralina and Evienne, and added Myrddin's profile
coloredimage
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Sanctuaries