Go to footer

When worlds collide... they all live at my place!

Show us your dollieh household and tell us their bios. (formerly Figure Biographies)

When worlds collide... they all live at my place!

Postby tirsden » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:34 am

Might wanna get a cup of coffee for this, long list is lonnnnng... and might be easier to peruse over at my dollysite, but here we go. Most recent additions are Mei Ling, unnamed Dongdong, Rei, Sean, and Shawna, plus Lilia got a major update now that she has a body and her character became much more apparent.

name: Aiden
sculpt: MiniFee Luka Silver Bird full package, natural skin & default faceup, on a Dollzone MSD boy body in normal pink skin
size: 45cm
hair and eye color: black, brown
personality: imaginative, energetic, good-natured, shy around strangers unless they are especially nice
orientation: gay (he just doesn't know it yet)
family: his mother had an affair with another man and died when Aiden was five; he has no siblings and no more ties to his former legal parents
likes: Michael, Asura, Jian, Michael's dogs Brutus and Nero, dollhouse castle, Wishbear
dislikes: snobby people, most of life before Michael, cooked carrots, (little) Karl
quick bio: Originally one of two main characters in my 2009 NaNoWriMo entitled Another Time, Perhaps, Aiden is someone very special to Michael. This version is much younger than the original story, and Michael is his guardian.
etc: My dream doll, now much more happily situated on a Dollzone body. Such a cutie! ^_^

name: Michael Lindermann
sculpt: DollZone Cosmo, normal pink skin & default faceup
size: 72cm
hair and eye color: blonde, blue
personality: free-spirited, excellent sense of humor, loves to entertain friends and is very devoted to those he cares for
orientation: gay
family: his father is deceased and left Michael his fortune (early 1800's NaNo novel version); generally he has no immediate relatives
likes: Aiden, Asura, Shakespeare, adventures anywhere and everywhere, his dogs Brutus and Nero, and the outdoors
dislikes: religion in general, cruelty, (little) Karl
quick bio: Former Catholic priest who has since abandoned the lunacy, now keeping watch over his ward Aiden and forming part of a love triangle with Asura, with Jian's permission.
etc: If he were played by an actor, it would be Paul Bettany, whose various movie characters are one huge basis for Michael's inspiration. I created him long before the movie Legion was announced, so thrilling to see Bettany play "Michael" on the big screen! I got the doll on the 72cm body after doing a whole bunch of research; it also makes him look gangly and tall, which is perfect, because Bettany is 6'3" in real life and Michael's character has always matched that.

name: Aster St. Claire
sculpt: Dollzone Hong, white skin & faceup currently being done by Nightweaver (DoA)
size: 68cm
hair and eye color: white, pink
personality: quiet, unassuming, gentle, caring and submissive, really only wants someone to love him
family: none living, unless I can manage to shell Jean who is his twin brother in some universes
likes: handsome and dominant men, playing the guitar, singing, (little) Karl, cake
dislikes: pain, abuse
quick bio: Aster knows English and French fluently, but has arrived with a nasty case of selective amnesia. Perhaps his time at the "makeup spa" in Switzerland will help him remember who he is, or maybe he will have to redefine himself as he goes along.
etc: This is the big version of one of my favorite original fiction and roleplay characters. He has the 68cm Dollzone body because it is the perfect height for his being the basis of the Aster Scale, a scale I use for every doll in the SD and (so far) MSD line, based off Aster's character being 5'10".

name: Asura
age: cannot be expressed in human terms; he is very, very old
sculpt: DollZone Limited Asura, white skin & default faceup
size: 70cm
hair and eye color: red
personality: serene, wise, and usually very direct
orientation: bi
family: no kindred unless the other gods count (he does not consider them as such)
likes: Jian, Michael, Aiden, reading, watching the worlds, simple pleasures
dislikes: (little) Karl, anyone who tries to harm Jian, cruelty
quick bio: Asura is lord of the underworld and now has a new task in keeping Jian safe. The deity is one of the few who still have interest in the mortal worlds, and has a fondness for the residents of Earth in particular.
etc: This doll impressed me enough to jump my entire wishlist at the time including my dream boy Aiden, and I am sooo glad I was able to snag him! I had no idea what his name would be, or who he would be, and while I was waiting I began writing a story. I guessed him right. ^_^

name: Jian
sculpt: DoD DoT Homme Ducan, normal skin & default faceup with custom request black eyebrows
size: 63cm
hair and eye color: black, green
personality: unassuming and gaining confidence, playful at times
family: deceased or not worth mentioning
likes: Asura, Aiden, acting, dressing goth/emo/nonconformist, video games, BJDs and other dolls
dislikes: cruelty, jerks, the System
quick bio: Jian met Asura while hitchhiking home one night and the rest is history. Jian is amazed that the lord of the underworld himself is in love with him, but has managed to take it all in stride along with his destined life quest which is now behind him. He is taking acting classes in a university focusing on art and drama, and although he had fun trying out dorm life, he is now home living with Asura along with all the others at the House.
etc: The main character from my story Chosen also starring Asura (but it's technically an alternate universe due to endgame plot issues I didn't want reflecting on the doll version of Asura), which began writing itself before Asura's arrival.

name: Ariel
sculpt: Dollmore Banji Elf Elly Girl (Black Bangs Hair) fullset, white skin & default faceup
size: 14.5cm
hair and eye color: black, blue
personality: not much is left, she's silent and calm
orientation: irrelevant
family: long deceased
dislikes: standing
quick bio: Once upon a time during the Victorian era, a young British lady collected dolls. Quiet and reclusive, she designed unique clothing for her little men and women, some designs of which would have been considered scandalous by the general public at the time. She died much too soon of an illness, but her spirit found its way to her favorite doll. That doll does not speak and doesn't move on her own (or does she, how'd that foot get like that?), but she has found her way to her new owner all the same.
etc: This doll belongs to Jian, and is MSD scale compared to him. He has no set plan for her and waited until she arrived to learn her name and story. He thought about to adding to her faceup during the wait, probably darker blushing around the eyes in black pastel, but is undecided now (mostly due to me going "omfg she's so tiny how do we even add to that??").

name: Mei Ling
sculpt: Dollzone Morphoa in normal pink skin and default faceup
size: 58cm
hair and eye color: black, grey
personality: sad and silent, graceful but rarely quick to act
orientation: straight
family: brother Jareth, parents (deceased), uncle Zhu Yuanzhang (deceased)
dislikes: my brother's Est, violence, situations that cause fear
quick bio: Born Yuanzhang Mei Ling in 1363, not long before the founding of the Ming Dynasty, her ancestry is Chinese royalty. A foreigner gave her the curse of vampirism after she became mute from an attack by traitors, allies of the ones who she thinks killed her little brother Xin. She was taken away from her home country by her vampire master and vanished completely from all normal society. She resurfaced here and has been reunited with her brother.
etc: I've wanted Dollzone's Morphoa since the first time I saw her, even though she looked particularly sad (that's part of her charm). She was also one of the first few dolls I officially wishlisted. After having Jareth in the resin family for a little while, I realized Morphoa would work wonderfully as a big sister concept, and the rest is history.

name: Jareth
sculpt: Fairyland MiniFee sleeping elf vampire Chloe, natural skin and faceup by me, on a Dollzone MSD boy body in normal pink skin
size: 45cm
hair and eye color: black, n/a
personality: can pretend to be sweet and polite but is evil and dictatorial at heart
family: sister Mei Ling, parents (deceased), uncle Zhu Yuanzhang (deceased)
dislikes: disobedience, impoliteness, racial epithets, sunlight
quick bio: Born Yuanzhang Xin in 1372, not long after the founding of the Ming Dynasty, Lord Jareth's ancestry is Chinese royalty but his name is not of that country. A foreigner gave it and the curse of vampirism to the child, who forever appears a young boy. He is anything but innocent, dark heart quite the evil thing with tremendous power to back up its every whim. He has learned to use his vampire senses to the point where he can "see" better than a human, knowing full well what his environment is like, even behind him. He cannot see that which is in daylight, however.
etc: Jareth is one of my rare "not pre-planned character dolls," received as an event head through Aiden's purchase. Even though Jareth is a Chloe sculpt, he's definitely all boy.

name: (little) Karl Ruprecht Kroenen
sculpt: Dollzone Leo, normal pink skin & distributor faceup
size: 16cm
hair and eye color: blonde, blue
personality: evil, obsessive, and often power-hungry, but can be quite loving should he actually care for someone
family: lover (little) Aster and adopted daughter (teeny) Shane
likes: his family, (big) Aster, Nightweaver's Suriel, scheming, blood, power
dislikes: anything that gets in his way
quick bio: This power-hungry little vampire is always looking for new minions to convert to his cause, or other evil allies where there are too many goody-two-shoes around. He is (little) Aster's lover on a good day and has accepted (teeny) Shane as part of their very strange family.
etc: One of my much darker fiction and roleplay characters based loosely off one sentence about Kroenen's childhood (Hellboy villain), this guy is the perfect other half for lil' Aster. I was hoping the doll's feel would reflect Karl's character, and he is close, with a bit of an obnoxious twist. In other words, as he would put it, "perfection!"

name: (little) Aster
sculpt: Bobobie Elfkin in white skin, faceup by Nightweaver
size: 15cm
hair and eye color: white, pink
personality: spunky, demanding, stubborn, impish
family: lover (little) Karl and adopted daughter (teeny) Shane
dislikes: big pants, having his hair messed with, being told what to do
quick bio: Hailing from the land of "who's askin??" and a proud descendant of the long line of "none of your business!!", Aster demands cake. White cake, with white frosting. Now.
etc: My very first BJD, I actually got this lil' guy to be a form of my favorite original fiction and roleplay character whose quiet, gentle, and sometimes-shy personality is nothing like what the doll's turned out to be. Hence why there is now a big Aster too, but lil' Aster ain't going nowhere!

name: (teeny) Shane
doll type: customized Little Dal Sodier Of Cards head / Obitsu 11cm body
size: 12.75cm
hair and eye color: pale blonde, blue
personality: eerily quiet, she never seems to speak, though there is no obvious reason why she would not be able to talk
orientation: unknown
family: adopted "mommy" (little) Aster and daddy (little) Karl
dislikes: anyone who is rude to her
quick bio: Shane is a mysterious vampire child whom Aster discovered and wished to bring into the home he shares with Karl. It is a crime among vampire kind to turn one so young, but someone else had done the evil and there she was. She seems to get along quite well in her own silent way, though no one can truly tell what she is thinking most of the time.
etc: Shane is one of my oldest fanfiction characters originally created to be Riddick's daughter. This version is part of the tiny clan, aka little Karl/Aster.

name: Ashe (nickname), Ashen (assassin alias), Haiiro Kaijin (real name)
sculpt: Souldoll Kanguk head, normal skin & default faceup
size: (60cm Dollzone body currently on layaway)
hair and eye color: black
personality: confident and sometimes cocky, cool under pressure
family: none living, he only knew his mother and is an only child
likes: Nightweaver's Jade, strong men, sniper rifles, sushi, tea, Chinese and Japanese culture, crossdressing, kimonos, martial arts, keeping in top physical shape
dislikes: the System, racism, prison
quick bio: A highly-skilled Asian assassin, Ashe is half Chinese and half Japanese. He grew up in his mother's "establishment" in which he received an early education on adult matters. He crossdresses on occasion and knows several languages including fluent Mandarin, Japanese, and English.
etc: Ashe is a multipurpose character I have written and roleplayed in settings from science fiction to modern day to 1600's historical piracy; he was first created as an original character for the Riddick universe. Once he has his Dollzone body, he will scale perfectly with all my other dolls on the Aster Scale, as he is a very short 5'2" in "real life."

name: (little) Ashe, same aliases and real name as big Ashe
doll type: customized Little Pullip Lan Ake head / 23cm kid boy "white" skin Obitsu body
size: 23cm
hair and eye color: black
personality: confident, sensual, submissive to just the right person
family: none living, he only knew his mother and is an only child
dislikes: prison, authorities
quick bio: Ashe is a deadly assassin, well-trained in martial arts and can kill at short or long range. He practices his physical skills every day unless badly injured, which is a very rare occurrence considering his talents.
etc: Ashe was my first venture into the Pullip world, even if he's only a Little one. His wig, which is one of the shortest ones I could find... made him look like a Beatle until I trimmed the bangs. XD

name: Sergei
doll type: customized Bratz Boyz Cade
size: 26cm
hair and eye color: hot pink with white highlights, purple
personality: confident to the max and can be quite antagonistic
orientation: not picky
family: long left behind
likes: (little) Ashe, [insert dirty thoughts here], motorcycles, working out, brawls, b33r
dislikes: people telling him what to do, losing
quick bio: Sergei is very "in your face" and is a dominant force, to put it mildly. He sold his motorcycle to (little) Ashe and... didn't bother leaving. Ashe isn't complaining. :3
etc: He came with (little) Ashe's motorcycle and after several hours of experimental customizing, I decided to keep the doll. Now to get over the feeling that I have unleashed doom upon the world. xD

name: Strata
sculpt: Dream of Doll Dream head v.4, normal skin & default scar faceup
size: (planning the 63cm DoT boy body in the future)
hair and eye color: blonde, green with eerie blue centers instead of pupils
personality: quiet, unintimidating, and loyal
family: he's been an orphan for as long as he can remember, and was told his parents died in a space travel accident
likes: his boyfriend and fighter Sirrus, piloting, running simulations, reading technical manuals and blueprints
dislikes: those who have hurt him, lies
quick bio: A new character for a story-trying-to-happen, inspired by the yaoi sci-fi comic Starfighter. He is a navigator who was insanely young to be joining the Alliance at fifteen but tested beyond belief in simulations and thus was allowed to join early. He fell for his fighter Sirrus right away. All Strata knew then about his eyes was that he'd been told it was a genetic mutation; the injury that became the scar was received later in the story.
etc: I didn't actually have a character for this head at first, but the comic-inspired story led me to realize in bits and pieces that this is indeed becoming Strata. I won the eyes from a Dollmore group order on DoA, and they also helped build part of his backstory.

name: Emyrren
sculpt: Soom Epidos Unikenta head, normal skin & default faceup
size: (planned 65cm Soom SuperGem body)
hair and eye color: black, blue
personality: honorable, steadfast, kind, quick to defend those in need
orientation: possibly bi, definitely likes men
family: unknown
dislikes: injustice, shoddy weaponry
quick bio: An adventurer from a high fantasy world, Emyrren has a noble heart and quite possibly noble blood. He is immortal and his race does not appear to age beyond adulthood.
etc: I was drooling over the 2011 one-week "Free Choice" mix and match MD event at Soom and realized all I really liked was Epidos's head with the unicorn horn and default faceup on a human body (which couldn't be done with the event). So via the DoA marketplace, he is here as a head while he joins the "waiting on a body" gang. I had no idea who he would be when I purchased him, and am still getting to know him.

name: Iglata "Zhas" Auvryndar
sculpt: Bobobie boy Ariel (Wu body), lilac skin & custom company faceup
size: 44cm
hair and eye color: white with a touch of hot pink, red
personality: distrustful, skittish, somewhat feral
family: Nightweaver's Khal'zar is his uncle
dislikes: strangers, this new place, sunlight
quick bio: ...is not all that quick, you can read it here on his dolly profile at my site.
etc: I have been seriously smitten by this sculpt thanks to Junky Spot's business card. I now literally want three of these guys, but for now, the dark elf version will do. The others I would like to get later in pink and white skin.

name: Ramza
sculpt: Soom Trachy (normal head), red skin & default faceup
size: 26cm
hair and eye color: black & wine mix, red/violet cat's eyes
personality: defiant, stubborn, is nobody's minion
family: sister Lilia
dislikes: mortals, being told what to do, the words "lesser" or "minor" when used about him
quick bio: Ramza is a minor lord of fire, aka lesser fire demon. That is about all I know about him right now, as he is turning up his nose at finding himself in a mortal's home. Should be an adventure. XD
etc: I had no idea who this doll was going to be, but he Soomed me. Thanks to Nightweaver, I was able to swing a layaway when I otherwise would have completely missed out. He is scaled to the Aster Scale since he is fairy/sprite sized.

name: Lilia
sculpt: Soom Trachy surprised head, red skin & default faceup, on a red Bobobie Isabella body
size: 28cm
hair and eye color: black, pink with black non-human pupil
personality: nicer and more mature than Ramza, fairly at ease with the world though watchful
orientation: straight-ish
family: brother Ramza
dislikes: Ramza causing troubl
quick bio: Lilia is a shadow demoness who has been around for quite a while. She is the tempered yin to best friend Alice's devious yang. Lilia is more likely to ignore some of Alice's quirky evil traits while being harder on her brother for his much bolder threats and attempts at violence against those he dislikes in the Household.
etc: Ramza's surprised head declared itself not just his extra head, but a girl and a dolly unto herself. Thirteen guys into building my resin family (plus one on the way at the time), she became my first BJD girl. I plan to blush her off-matched body as well as add swirly dark-red and black tattoos to it so that it looks like she's supposed to be more than one color.

name: Alice
sculpt: Bobobie Isabella in normal skin & default faceup
hair and eye color: blonde with blue streaks sometimes, blue
personality: clever, mischievous, often childish and knows how to get her way
orientation: open-minded
family: probably some somewhere
likes: BFF Lilia, cupcakes and other pastries, "Vampy" (Nightweaver's Garret)
dislikes: bitter flavors
quick bio: Lilia's best friend, Alice is the more proactive of the two. She likes to scheme up adventures, and might be a bit more towards the evil end of the scale than most would guess.
etc: I bought this gal from AlmySidaKay for Lilia to have in her very own scale range (and with the exact same body, technically, as the one on order for Lilia in red skin). I had no idea otherwise on name or character, meanwhile she fell in with Lilia spectacularly as soon as she arrived. Success! :D

name: Shirei
sculpt: Dollzone Deer Boy, white skin and faceup by me
size: 17cm
hair and eye color: pale blonde, white (glows blue in the dark)
personality: eerie but not evil, watchful, quiet
orientation: none
family: none
dislikes: unknown
quick bio: Shirei is a Shinto shrine spirit about which very little is known. He watches the living in silence, and can see into the souls of weaker individuals.
etc: This lil' guy is definitely a mystery, but at least he's not an antagonistic one. I didn't know who he was going to be when I got him as an event item with Aster, and Shirei was a bit of a challenge to figure out on arrival but we're making do. ^_^

name: Sebastian
sculpt: Dollzone Fairies fullset, normal pink skin & default faceup
size: 14cm
hair and eye color: orange petals, magenta
personality: curious, playful, most likely very innocent
orientation: no idea if he even gets the concept
family: everybody! him! her! you!
dislikes: wearing clothes
quick bio: Sweet and cuddly, Sebastian likes to make new friends and randomly fall asleep. He speaks in a language of cute little squeaks.
etc: My initial reaction on seeing these guys during the 2010 event-only release had me going "O.o???" but they grew on me severely afterwards. I am pleased as punch to finally have this little guy brightening the dolly world. ^.^

name: Tychonderus, Ty (shortening), Tychon (alternate shortening)
sculpt: Fairyland PukiPuki Sugar one-eye-modded-open sleeping faceplate, white skin and faceup by me
size: (planned 11.2cm PukiPuki body at some point)
hair and eye color: none at the moment, currently solid purple
personality: impish, sly, crafty, kleptomaniac
family: unknown
dislikes: ...getting caught stealing things?
quick bio: Ty is new as far as character goes so I'm still getting to know him. He's some kind of forest sprite who can change his looks on whim... just don't try calling him Tycho, he hates being called that!
etc: I got this guy's modded faceplate in early 2011 from the Den of Angels marketplace for the purpose of practicing faceups. Once I did his second faceup on November 22nd, 2011, I knew he needed a body which I will get from the DoA marketplace when funds aren't going other places, and a proper name, which he has given me.

name: ?
sculpt: Dollzone Dongdong in white skin with no faceup
hair and eye color: currently blue-grey
personality: ?
orientation: ?
family: ?
dislikes: ?
quick bio: (none yet)
etc: This is an event doll that came with Mei Ling, so far my only feeling is that it's most likely a boy (regardless of the body gender being female). It might end up another doll for Jian or perhaps one of the other dolls unless something specific strikes my fancy. I don't actually like the face sculpt so this is a perfect opportunity to learn to do sanding mods, and I might go for a very creepy and possibly even gory vibe with the finished doll. And then after doing a quick lulzy photoshop test noticing something from the profile photo... this could end up a mini-Riddick, some freaky demonic alternate-universe version or something.

name: Miku
doll type: Pullip VOCALOID Miku Hatsune
size: 33cm
hair and eye color: turquoise
personality: often shy and quiet, although an impish side can be seen at times
orientation: that's for her to know and you to forget
family: none mentioned so far
dislikes: pears, (little) Karl, Jareth
quick bio: Miku likes hanging out with the "good side" gang of the dolly household, and often has Sebastian in her lap mostly because he likes playing with all that hair.
etc: I finally own a big Pullip and a Miku doll all at once. What's not to love?

name: Rei Ayanami
doll type: Pinky Street Pinky:cos Neon Genesis EVA Rei Ayanami ver.2 (PC2012)
size: 10cm
hair and eye color: blue, red
personality: quiet
family: deceased
dislikes: unknown
quick bio: I'm not sure I'll ever know much about Rei, but as she's new I'm still getting a feel for her. We'll see, I don't mind if she stays shy. ^_^ Her canon history from the original Evangelion series is somewhere in that cute little head, but anyone who knows the show knows that gets complicated.
etc: I'd been meaning to get into Pinky Street ages ago and finally remembered to poke around properly. Rei was one of the first Pinkies to really stand out, and she finally became my first Pinky Street doll. Released in August of 2007 as a limited edition summer version of the first Evangelion sets, this doll is technically the Pinky Street character Moe cosplaying as Rei (but I consider her to actually be Rei).

name: Sean Ramsley
doll type: Pinky Street Pinky:cos Captain Animate Want You! boy Ramika (PC1002)
hair and eye color: brown
personality: a lot of attitude, he's a bit of an a-hole
family: sister shawna
likes: guns and more guns. and guns. did he mention guns? oh, and Rei! :D
dislikes: his sister nagging at him about his clothes all the time
quick bio: Sean grew up in a post-apocalyptic world and learned to survive on skills, wits, and attitude. He's often a jerk as a side-effect of having had to prove himself so often and protect what belongs to him. His right eye has been blinded by a knife attack, hence the bandage.
etc: My third Pinky Street doll, after rearranging parts I discovered he was a boy, which is good because I wasn't sure I'd like or have a use for the Ramika face (wanted the hair lol). The end result is perfect. Released in December of 2004, the original configuration of this doll is technically the Pinky Street character Kokoro cosplaying as Ramika Hoshii from Captain Animate Want You! I knew nothing about the show, also known as Anime Tenchou, until researching the doll.

name: Shawna Ramsley
doll type: Pinky Street Sumire (PK-010)
hair and eye color: aquamarine, brown
personality: a little bit snippy but means well
orientation: good question
family: brother Sean
dislikes: messy/lazy fashion
quick bio: Shawna grew up in a post-apocalyptic world under her brother's psuedo-care. In reality, she was the one who tended to keep priorities like food above other things, and insists that people can look their best no matter what's going on in the world. Now that she is in a safer environment, she really sees no excuse for anyone dressing sloppy.
etc: My second Pinky Street doll, at first she was difficult to get anything from regarding name or character. Once now-Sean arrived and I started mixing and matching pieces from the collection, I found the right combination for both dolls. Shawna has Captain Animate Want You! Ramika's hair.

name: Lady Anastasia
doll type: Monster High Draculaura
hair and eye color: black with hot pink streaks, purple
personality: a sophisticated vampire with excellent taste in fashion
orientation: inappropriate questions will be ignored, although Luna now has girlfriend status
family: daughter Melody, sister Alise
likes: Asura and her unliving family, Luna; highbrow snobbery, as the less fortunate call it, though she gives no quarter to pointless drama; also, she is an opera oficionado
dislikes: needless drama, anyone who acts like a guttersnipe no matter their status, beggars
quick bio: Lady Anastasia has lived many lifetimes as the supposed successors to her own lineage. Her true parents are long dead, and she plays the part of one generation after another for as long as her age is believable. It is no coincidence that the "family" hands down the name of Anastasia to the firstborn daughter. Long-lost sister Alise has now returned to be sister once again, and aunt to Anastasia's also returned actual daughter Melody, a child of blood both genetic and vampiric.
etc: This doll belongs to Asura, he is the one who discovered her name and personality. She is a perfect height for an SD-size doll for him, and has her very own coffin to sleep in, as well as a bunch of her own dolls.

name: Alise
doll type: Monster High Day At The Maul Draculaura
personality: open-minded and free-spirited while still maintaining a touch of elegent calm and reservation
orientation: open-minded was already mentioned, yes?
family: sister Anastasia, niece Melody
likes: Anastasia and Melody, ballroom dancing, many other dancing styles
dislikes: pointless annoyances, the color brown
quick bio: Alise has a bit of a troubled past, being long-separated from her sister by trials she doesn't wish to speak of. They are over, however, and she is free to return to the family that has grown during her absence, and is glad to be warmly welcomed back into the clan.
etc: The third Draculaura to hit me with "must have" and she is most definitely Anastasia's long-lost sister. The family is whole again, and having them all as different versions of Draculaura is perfect. :3

name: Melody
doll type: Monster High Dead Tired Draculaura
personality: sweet and maybe just a little bit clueless
orientation: boys are cute! :3
family: mommy Anastasia, other-mommy Luna, auntie Alise
likes: Mommy, Mischa, Luna, Auntie, flowers in bright colors
dislikes: polyester, sleeping anywhere uncomfortable
quick bio: While her mother has been masquerading as multiple generations of the same family, Melody has been... around. Somewhere. Probably shopping or sleeping or hanging out with her bookish friend Mischa. Now they can have sleepovers in this new place, and raid closets because surely someone around here has something decent to wear!
etc: I love the younger look of this doll when compared to the original Draculaura, and Melody makes a perfect eternal teenage daughter for Anastasia.

name: Luna
doll type: Monster High Lagoona Blue
hair and eye color: blonde with blue streaks, green
personality: although she looks spaced-out quite often, she is very down-to-earth and caring
orientation: not picky with the gender thing
family: possibly... maybe... somewhere...?
likes: girlfriend Anastasia, Melody, (little) Ashe, shopping, Brad Pitt, high heels
dislikes: fish and chips, bad fashion, bullying
quick bio: Luna is 5'7" but looks 6'1" in her heels and loves being random shopping buddies with Ashe, who seems even shorter around her... in whatever universes a fish girl and an assassin can be friends. Luna has a pet piranha named Mr. Fish.
etc: I love this doll's skin tone, and yes, she's named after the Harry Potter character. I realized after already thinking Luna sounded good for her, that the doll has a similar face and hair, with a spacy look to her from most angles. The day this girl arrived I had seen Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 before opening her. Fitting! The fishy is named after Jared's Gyarados in the webcomic Manly Guys Doing Manly Things.

name: Genevieve Ambrosia Alistaire
doll type: Monster High School's Out Frankie Stein
hair and eye color: white with black streaks, one blue and one green
personality: confident, watchful, unintimidated
orientation: lesbian
family: twin sister Ambrosia
dislikes: anyone messing with her sister
quick bio: In the year 1800, siamese twins were born to a poor family in the French countryside. The girls shared body and legs, although it was Genevieve who had muscle control over the legs. The two managed to survive into teenage years before dying of complications caused by their particular birth defect and lack of proper medical care due to finances and the time period. A scientist knew of the impending deaths and offered a substantial sum to buy the shared body in the name of scientific research. What he actually did was rebuild the twins as separate girls, switching one girl's blue eye for the other's green in the process. He brought them back to life via an electrical storm and very experimental equipment, and the rest is history.
Genevieve remains the stronger of the two, often taking care of her sister who is not quite as "with it." They are inseparable even though they have been able to separate from some time; they do have elements of their lives separate from their twin's interests.
etc: The first version of Frankie Stein wasn't interesting to me, but this one is, so she has joined the Monster High pack with her "twin" sister Ambrosia.

name: Ambrosia Genevieve Alistaire
doll type: Monster High Dead Tired Frankie Stein
hair and eye color: white with black streaks, one blue and one green
personality: spacey, dreamy, generally happy but not "all there"
orientation: not really "present" enough for that
family: twin sister Genevieve
dislikes: scary or frightening things, yogurt
quick bio: Her story is intertwined with her twin's, but Ambrosia is the weaker sister both in mind and body, and her green eye stopped working some time ago. She is inseparable from her caretaker twin even though the two have been able to separate from some time; they do have elements of their lives separate from their twin's interests.
etc: Ambrosia's green eye actually has a combination of what looks like casting issues and paint defects, hence the idea that she is now blind in that eye.

name: Mischa von Braun
doll type: Monster High Dead Tired Ghoulia Yelps
hair and eye color: blue
personality: studious, sophisticated, often mistaken for cold or aloof
orientation: better things to think about
family: probably all long dead
dislikes: books being mistreated, poor educational systems
quick bio: Russian born and raised with German in her heritage somewhere, Mischa still retains her accent even for being a ghoul in other lands for quite some time now. Her search for knowledge keeps her travelling, although she is on indefinite break now to chill with her friend Melody and learn whatever this new place has to offer.
etc: She's pretty with or without the Elton-John-on-crack glasses. xD I love her skin color too, it's a grey remeniscent of limited edition BJD resin colors.

name: Von
doll type: Monster High boy-modded Spectra Vondergeist
hair and eye color: purple with lighter purple streaks, mint green and soft purple mix
personality: diva extraordinaire, gives and takes no nonsense
family: dead and buried
likes: leather, chains, fishnet, lace, pretty much anything risqué... and that little ghostbrat of a ferret, Ruin
dislikes: boos and distasteful remarks- oh no you didn't!
quick bio: Still getting to know this lovely prince of the spectral world, and no I don't think that's actually a literal royalty reference. I suppose one never knows, meanwhile he's haunting up the pretty factor.
etc: I took one look at the pictures online and said, "......guy." And I find the actual male Monster High dolls frustratingly derpy, but this ghosty, wowhawt. So, upon getting him home, I went to work sanding down the girlchest. Turns out there isn't much plastic under there, which is a shame. I am now debating on leaving him at the point of "sorta-kinda-good-enough" or sanding through the plastic, getting the rest the way I want it, then rebuilding his chest with epoxy, and having a friend airbrush it white (or look into the materials myself).

name: Gynx
doll type: Barbie Fashion Fairytale Flairies Shyn'E
hair and eye color: pink, purple
personality: knows how to get what she wants and is very driven, with a side order of slightly cheeky and energetic spunky
family: several sisters in the bizz, including Estrella
dislikes: bad hair days, cheap hair products, Smurfs
quick bio: Gynx is into a little of everything, including modelling, singing, and acting, although she's yet to land anything other than commercials and a few music video cameos with famous artists.
etc: This has got to be one of the most bizarre doll serieses Mattel has ever put on the market. She (and the others) are literally covered in glitter that is glued to their limbs, and it gums up Gynx's left arm so much it's not moveable. Her legs also won't hold more than a very wide stance due to the glitter in the joints there. I wouldn't dare take the shoes off because it'd probably scrape the glitter with it; the dress does come off, and also incorporates a lot of glitter. She is still definitely a beautiful doll with a very pretty face, and her hair is really lovely and soft.

name: Estrella L'Estrange
doll type: Barbie Fashion Fairytale Flairies Glim'R
hair and eye color: pink, blue
personality: self-possessed and unafraid
family: sisters Gynx and others
dislikes: wearing shoes, convention
quick bio: You might see this gal dancing in a cage at a club one day and taking a philosophy class the next. She stands out wherever she goes, but there's more to her personality than shallow shimmer. She is Gynx's older sister and has a good bit of wisdom for all her quirks.
etc: I found this gal at a thrift store in a bag that just happened to have a Bratz doll with an outfit I wanted to use for other dolls. After just a little cleanup, Estrella looks brand new except for a little frizz in her hair and the fact that she's missing her shoes and necklace.

name: Tenesia
doll type: Barbie Fashion Fairytale Flairies Shim'R
hair and eye color: purple, blue
personality: dedicated to the task of being ultimately fashionable
family: does not seem to have any
dislikes: not looking gorgeous
quick bio: She is not just a shallow thing, but truly wishes to embody the most beauty possible because she understands that to be the purpose for which she was created. Even Jian's attempts to tell her she can be anything she wants fall on deaf ears, as she is determined to be nothing shy of stunning. Her name means "tenacious and resilient" which is quite fitting.
etc: This doll belongs to Jian. She is the third and final doll in the related Barbie set of which Gynx and Estrella are the other two. Ironically, it seems I got the main star of the associated Barbie movie last. I got her partly to complete the set, and partly because Jian wanted a little something to tide him over while waiting for his Dollmore Banji girl.

name: Violet
doll type: Strawberry Shortcake Plum Pudding
hair and eye color: purple
personality: wise, understanding, and a there's a little bit of foxy hidden beneath this homemaker mom's caring warmth
family: everybody is family!
dislikes: willful ignorance, cruelty, waste
quick bio: "Vi" likes being a mommy to anyone who needs one, styling hair, and bombing around the kitchen. She also knows how to have a good time when the occassion calls for it, and loves to throw well-planned parties. It's difficult to place her perfume scent, but she sure smells pretty!
etc: This scented doll is a blast from the past (and I mean the 1980's past lol). Her face has a ton of character too, she really does come off as something more than a little kid doll.

Not home yet:
(big) Karl - Souldoll Kagel in normal skin, default faceup and wig
? - Dollzone June head in normal pink skin, B faceup
? - Dollzone Kuilan in normal yellow skin and default faceup
? - Dollzone Moment in white skin, blank
? - Dollzone Hid head in white skin, blank

Not included in the list: Anastasia's Rapunzel mini-doll named Prunella, teeny Shane's dolls (she has two of the tiniest Bratz), and some of the tiny gang have Lego men as "dolls."

If you are curious to see the entire chronological dollyverse history in one place: Here ya go. ^_^
Last edited by tirsden on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 16 times in total.
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

Re: When worlds collide... they all live at my place!

Postby landwhale » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:29 am

man....i er gave up reading after the first three but I did enjoy scrolling through and reading what type of doll they started out as. I like that you're a huge dollzone fan lol. I haven't noticed many of those around but I currently own one DZ BB head who is getting a body soon and a 70cm DZ boy. Beautiful sculpts and great posing.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:21 pm

I'm so glad you can finally talk about all your dolls in one place! :D
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby OkamiKodomo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:54 pm

-snirk- Tirsden has been Zoned.

Awesome list. I know I've poked around your dollieh website a bit too, and as Almy said, talk about them all in one place!
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby myotishia » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:33 am

So many dollys @_@ They're so pretty!
feeling unwelcome. It was a good sanctuary while it lasted. I'll miss you guys. .
myotishia
Dolly Pardon

Postby tirsden » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:12 pm

landwhale, Dollzone is my favorite company, I love them to death (though I could also easily tell you the flaws they have XD;; I'm not a starry-eyed fan like *cough* a certain other company tends to have *cough*).

Me too Almy, part of this profile post being so long is it's not 24 dolls but 35 with everybody else added in! XD

Zoned hard, Okami. XDDD Akk that reminds me, *still* haven't done the minor profile updates for le dolleh site, must dooo.

Danke myotishia, they are a joy and yes a crowd lol.

I have 2 Pinky Street dolls (finally) on order, one of which has shipped. :3 Getting the casual version of Rei Ayanami as well as PK-010 Sumire... plus watching another girl on ebay that I may or may not get as the bid timer winds down (edit: snagged it, it's Ramika Hoshii from Anime Tenchou which is an obscure reference/character that took me ages to find based off the ebay listing). I've wanted Pinky Street for quite a while now and literally kept forgetting to look when I've had money. O.o
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:21 pm

You have a very large family >_<
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby tirsden » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Quite, they're taking overrrrr. ^^;; I'm really liking the Pinky Street dolls... they're dangerous, in all sorts of cute ways. :3
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

Postby katnaper » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:26 pm

I love the painstaking care you use to paint their backgrounds. It makes each of them come more alive.
My Dollieh Family
MSDs : Amelia, Cassandra, Ash, Ophelia, Lucia
Vinyl Girls : Rei, Mari, Asuka, Beatrice, Lily, Eris,Millie, Nero, Teru, Lucy, Max, Reese,KOS, Mimi
Resin SD : Kaylus, Tomoe
Vinyl Boy : Yuuto, Allen Walker

"There is no such thing as 'too many dolliehs' ..."

Blog: katnaper's den
katnaper
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Sanctuaries